Flaps on take-off and landing

Old September 21st 06, 10:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Default Flaps on take-off and landing

Mxsmanic,

The phenomenon is
worldwide a

That begs the question "Whereto are the jobs leaving?"

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 21st 06, 10:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_3_]

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
I spent a month in Paris on business some years back and I fully

understand
why jobs have left the country.

Because the country if filled with French?

Old September 21st 06, 12:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_1_]

Roger (K8RI) wrote:

Back seat of a DC-9. Sounds like a Greyhound, feels/vibrates like a
Greyhound, and smells(Kerosene) like a Greyhound. One seat farther
back is a private room which smells like a chemical out house but
cleaner.

Been there, and agree. G

Last flight of the day, too!
Old September 21st 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Stadt

"Grumman-581" wrote in message
"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
I spent a month in Paris on business some years back and I fully

understand
why jobs have left the country.

Because the country if filled with French?

Yep, after a while I was surprised anything got done.

Old September 21st 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Mxsmanic,
The phenomenon is worldwide

That begs the question "Whereto are the jobs leaving?"

If it's software related, the work is sometimes outsourced to India, China,
and eastern Europe (lower cost) and away from North America and western
Europe (higher cost). The issue was noticed most by software developers
when the dot-com bubble burst. Classic free market situation, really. But
the situation isn't as bad today as it was for software developers a couple
years ago, though.
Old September 21st 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Jim,

If it's software related, the work is sometimes outsourced to India, China,
and eastern Europe (lower cost) and away from North America and western
Europe (higher cost).

You misunderstand. If jobs are leaving "worldwide", they have to leave "the
world".

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 21st 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Thomas Borchert writes:

That begs the question "Whereto are the jobs leaving?"

Eastern Europe, Africa, India, China, Southeast Asia, depending on a
number of factors.

Old September 22nd 06, 09:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger (K8RI)

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:51:38 -0400, Margy Natalie
wrote:

Roger (K8RI) wrote:
On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:57:15 -0400, Margy Natalie
wrote:

I think you are being overly sensitive. Many of the things you say are
a "common complaint you've heard ..." are absolutely UNTRUE. I'm SHORT,
in a 172 I use a booster seat, but not in the Navion. I can see

You should see Joyce in the Deb. She can not reach the floor with her
feet and on top of that uses the booster seat so she can see over the
nose.
OTOH The Deb has fantastic visibility in the air although I'd guess
the Navion has better visibility.

One of the reasons we got the Navion is that it was one of VERY few
aircraft that both Ron (6'1") and I (5'2", when I round UP) could fly.

Margy, you are quite tall compared to Joyce.

With the new interior (new foam too) I don't even use the booster seat
anymore :-),

Margy

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com