Got some neeed help with cross-wind landings...

Old October 19th 04, 12:06 PM
Ekim

Default Got some neeed help with cross-wind landings...

Just a funny little story...

I was landing a C172 the other day with the family aboard. We were on
final with a pretty decent cross wind from the right. I dipped the
right wing down a little, maintained track with opposite rudder,
touched down right main first, etc... You know, just the standard,
every day, boring, low-wing-into-the-wind approach. Turned out to be a
smooth & straight landing. As I was rolling out, the following
conversation with my wife ensued:

Me: "How's that for a nice landing, Heh?"
Wife: "Not bad, considering we helped."
Me: (confused) "You helped??"
Wife: "Yeah, obviously you had trouble keeping the wings level, so we
were leaning to the left."

I can't make this crap up.
Old October 19th 04, 12:39 PM
Larry Dighera

On 19 Oct 2004 04:06:59 -0700, (Ekim) wrote in
: :

Wife: "Yeah, obviously you had trouble keeping the wings level, so we
were leaning to the left."

Watch out when you get her on your motorcycle. :-)

Old October 19th 04, 02:26 PM
Gary G

At least you can get your wife in a plane!

Old October 19th 04, 04:53 PM
Cecil Chapman

"Gary G" wrote in message
At least you can get your wife in a plane!

My wife goes, my brother won't (went up one time on a smooth and beautiful
flight - he was terrified ((though he didn't say it then)) every minute).

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL-IA
Student - CP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old October 19th 04, 05:57 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Cecil Chapman wrote:

My wife goes, my brother won't (went up one time on a smooth and beautiful
flight - he was terrified ((though he didn't say it then)) every minute).

Two years ago, we had the entire family up here for Christmas. I offered everyone a
Hudson corridor run if they liked. My sister declined because she was afraid it would
be uncomfortable. My baby brother didn't even grace us with a refusal.

A month later, my other brother and I flew down to Tennessee for my mother's
birthday. We were blessed with perfect weather on the way down. At dinner that night,
my sister asked John how the flight was. He just shrugged it off -- said it was about
the same as an airline trip. You could see Julie reconsidering the Hudson tour. A bit
late, that.

My wife wouldn't be my wife today if she didn't like to fly occasionally. One of our
first dates was a local sightseeing run in my old 150.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.
Old October 19th 04, 09:23 PM
TD

Gary G wrote in message ...
At least you can get your wife in a plane!

It took me over 200 hrs before I could get my wife in the plane. When
I got enough confidence to take my wife AND both kids along for a
ride, she accepted, the kids loved it and we are a happy flying
family.

Tien
Old October 20th 04, 12:59 AM
dave

I'm afraid that my wife has never gone and has made it clear that she
never will. I think, wishful thinking, that she's weakening. Both of
my kids have flown with me. They don't really like it or dislike it.
It's just transportation.

If your family goes with you and enjoys it, that's great. I'm jealous.
One of the reasons I went with the citabria is that I knew I'd be
flying solo most of the time.

Dave
68 7ECA