For the record: I am not BWB

Old January 9th 04, 05:28 AM
Mark Hickey

Del Rawlins wrote:

Right now my two biggest
problems are repairing my wife's busted up subaru which is occupying my
workspace, and materials procurement.

If an engine is one of the things you need to procure, I have an idea
how you can kill two birds with one stone...

.... just don't tell the wife (or BOb for that matter).

Mark Hickey
Old January 9th 04, 05:33 AM
pacplyer

(O-ring Seals) wrote in message ...

I guess that I will take the opportunity to top post here, as see no
point in doing it the other way if I am following the thread.

As one of the first (and very few) participants in the first fly-in at
PJY, I would like to help set the record straight. As a close
associate of Bill Phillips, I can assure you that he never wanted to
keep JRJ from hosting the Pinckneville event. The Jean (NV) event,
which Bill and I coordinated, was never intended to replace any other
fly-in. It was intended as an event for those who could not make it
all the way from the west coast to PJY. Highflyer did attend, and he
flew out in a Cessna 175. He has lots of stories about that trip.

JRJ is a fine person and his wife Mary is a Saint. Pinckneyville
itself does have some shortcomings, and these were expressed on this
group by Bill and myself. The fly-in is what you make of it. It
(after four trips) just was not worth the 1200 mile trip.

I wish that JRJ would participate more in this group. He and Mary
paid me a personal visit at The Selma Aerodrome , and I would welcome
both of them here again.

Like me, I think that John stayed with the group as long as he felt
that it was worth the effort. You should notice (and may welcome) the
fact that I also now rarely post here.

Robert G. (O-ring) Seals

On 7 Jan 2004 10:36:52 -0800, wrote:

Let me be obnoxiously precise.

Badwater decided that JRJ should no longer host the RAH fly in at Pinkneyville,
and proposed his own at Jean.

He posted frequently about what a very bad person JRJ was, and how bad
Pinkneyville was (both as a fly-in and as a city)

Thereafter, JRJ's participation here was greatly reduced.

That may be due to changes in his life unrelated to the newsgroup. But I have
assumed it was due to the newsgroup becoming a hostile place, because of "BWB's
antics."

Pac writes:
Well I'm going to sink down here to the bottom to post since there's
too many German attack planes up there on the surface. Aaaa-uuuu-ga!
As a late-commer I've missed the beginning of this wolfpack war, but I
would enjoy going to Jean. Is there going to be another?

Down Periscope

pacplyer
Old January 9th 04, 05:35 AM
I'm Still Here

Del Rawlins wrote:

Oh, and by the way. Bernie, you once claimed that the only reason you
were around was to harass Phillips. He is gone, so WTF are you still
doing here?

Actually Del I lurk in this group daily and enjoy reading the stories
about flying and building airplanes that some of the regulars like
yourself post from time to time.

To me that's what makes this group worthwhile.

Perhaps one of these days I will get to read about your Bearhawk taking
to the air for the first time, although I understand you have to fix
your wife's car first.

As for me Del I really don't post here very often and yet I found it
both strange and interesting that my name was mentioned numerous times
this past week in a continuing thread involving two regulars called
and someone called pacplyer along with some of the other
regulars who chose to add their comments to that particular thread.

Other than that I do add positive comments on people's accomplishments
and from time to time ask curious questions about various aspects of
flying.

But I wouldn't expect you or anyone else in this group to be
aware of that fact...... or to remember.

In fact there where a few times when I asked you a question about your
Bearhawk and pointed out that as an Ex-Yukoner that I could appreciate
your lifestyle in Alaska and you never gave me the courtesy of an
answer.
Old January 9th 04, 05:42 AM
Bernie the Bunion

John Ammeter wrote:

I can't see "rave revues" being an accurate description of
the event. Granted, we had a good time but no more than we
would have had at a beach picnic on the Fourth of July...

Well I suppose rave revue would have to be in the eyes of the
individual posters and interpretation of the readers.

But I can tell you John that I both admire and am envious at your
abilities to fly to events like that and enjoy the camaraderie of those
events.

As a lurker I enjoy reading about the adventures of those that
can and do attend fly-ins as well as those that both build and fly
their own airplanes.....

Those are the sort of postings that catch the attention of an armchair
pilot like myself.

Bernie
Old January 9th 04, 05:52 AM
Del Rawlins

On 08 Jan 2004 08:28 PM, Mark Hickey posted the following:
Del Rawlins wrote:

Right now my two biggest
problems are repairing my wife's busted up subaru which is occupying
my workspace, and materials procurement.

If an engine is one of the things you need to procure, I have an idea
how you can kill two birds with one stone...

.... just don't tell the wife (or BOb for that matter).

Ah, well, the use of that particular Subaru powerplant for aviation
purposes just happens to be a sore subject in the Rawlins household. As
I explained to my wife after I was through threatening to liberate the
soob engine from its earthly shackles, the 2.2L soob just isn't capable
of producing the amount of power I will need. My Bearhawk is going to
spend most of its operating life on floats, and it will need all of the
power I can get to climb out of some of the lakes where I want to take
it. 200hp is the bare minimum I will accept. If the weight and prop
clearance issues were less daunting I would be installing an M-14P
russian radial (360hp).

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Old January 9th 04, 05:59 AM
Del Rawlins

On 08 Jan 2004 07:55 PM, posted the following:

Quoting BWB

"Oh, yeah, Mr. Engineer weighs in with his pontification of bull ****
as usual. Same ****, different year.

Hyde, you are the definition of "Galactically Stupid."

Actually, you and Moon Man Moonday are the epitomey of dorks and the
universal term "Galactically Stupid Muther ****ers."

How was Pinkneyville this year you dorks. Just another circle jerk of
assholes, kissing each other asses and paying John to do it?"

Unbelieveable. He isn't even here yet you people continue to argue with
him. Because you insist on talking and complaining about him here
behind his back, it will eventually get back to him through his friends
with the predictable result that he will return to the newsgroup for a
whole 'nother round of flames. But that *is* what you want, isn't it?

Old January 9th 04, 06:25 AM
Del Rawlins

On 08 Jan 2004 08:35 PM, I'm Still Here posted the following:

In fact there where a few times when I asked you a question about your
Bearhawk and pointed out that as an Ex-Yukoner that I could appreciate
your lifestyle in Alaska and you never gave me the courtesy of an
answer.

I don't remember seeing the Bearhawk question, and in my experience
about all that most canadians and alaskans have in common with each
other is a shared climate.

Old January 9th 04, 06:52 AM
Badwater Bill

Yeah I'm kinda of work-station challenged. Nice Webpage by the way.
I dig the pitot "heater" on your Cessna! Lol! So that's where
Pinckneyville is. It's making much more sense to me now. Looks like
a fun bunch. Thanks much for the links John,

Odd that you didn't know about it before, since you lurked here since the mid
90's and everything. And very odd that you didn't know about trying to shut it
down, and get JRJ's internet service pulled and his hangar lease canceled
because he hosted it. JRJ, if you don't "remember", is one of the people of
great experience that Badwater ran off the newsgroup.

But you knew that.

Oh yeah, he was a real winner. Claimed to be a professor at SIU. Just
happens that I called him on it about a dozen times and he shrunk back
into his closet with all the rest of the bull **** he printed here.

Don't take my word for it. Call the University and ask them. None of
you chicken**** *******s will do that however. You ****ing morons
don't want reality. You don't want the facts. You want to waller in
your own feces and make up your own reality. This is no place for a
real professional pilot, mechanic, or homebuilder. It's a sewer of
want-a-be morons who are galactically stupid.

Now you stupid sons a bitches think I'm some guy here named packmad.
Fine. I like the guy. I might be him. Just keep wondering.

There are a bunch of rotten *******s in this group. I was exposing
fetters a year ago here and aa@A asshole, butt lick did everything he
could to undermine the truth.

You *******s don't want to learn anything, you don't want to pay any
dues, you don't have any experience. You are a worthless asswipe
slime on the ass of progress.

BWB