Gliding Clubs in the South East

Old November 12th 03, 02:53 PM
Chickenhawk UK

Default Gliding Clubs in the South East

Can anybody recomend a good gliding club in the South East? I'm keen
to get back into gliding after getting to the post solo stage and
lapsing for several years.

I'm looking into a club that would run an intensive multi day training
course.

Thanks

Lucas
Old November 12th 03, 04:40 PM
Ray Lovinggood

Lucas (Isn't that the name of the firm also known as
'The Prince of Darkness', aka the firm who put things
called electrical systems on English cars and bikes?)

The south east of what continent or country?

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA (That's in the Southeast
of the USA)

Old November 12th 03, 08:34 PM
OscarCVox

If you mean south east UK I can reccommend Lasham at www.lasham.org.uk
Old November 12th 03, 08:37 PM
Simon Waddell

The secret is probably in his name: Chikenhawk UK.

Try Lasham or Booker. These and all the UK clubs are listed on the BGA
website: www.gliding.co.uk

Old November 13th 03, 08:54 AM
Chickenhawk UK

(OscarCVox) wrote in message ...
If you mean south east UK I can reccommend Lasham at
www.lasham.org.uk

Thanks Oscar yes they were the best in my opinion, good training
sylabus and the charges weren't too bad.

Sorry for the confusion everybody i was being a bit UK centric, (busy
day trying to keep the flying stakes alive in the face of my wife
holding onto the bank account, 'yes dear it is expensive').

Can't wait to get back into it, thanks everybody.

PS anybody got a used Blanik (L13,L20) for sale?
Old November 13th 03, 05:43 PM
tango4

No dear it isn't expensive!

A launch and a couple of hours flying in a club ship is cheaper than 18
holes of golf in the UK!

Ian

"Chickenhawk UK" wrote in message
om...

Old November 14th 03, 09:26 AM
Chickenhawk UK

and much cheaper than a psychiatrist's fees.

Amen to that.

Compared to the JAAPPL in this country which is between 5000 GBP -
8000 GBP, gliding is infact cheap. However considering some of things
i'd like to end up doing, it will start becoming a little more
expensive than said round of golf.

Plus have booked to fly home in late 2004 and do the JAAPPL all in a
one month block for half the price (sick of paying a little here a
little there).

So i need to get my flying fix in...
Old November 14th 03, 04:34 PM
Dylan Smith

In article , Ray Lovinggood wrote:
Lucas (Isn't that the name of the firm also known as
'The Prince of Darkness', aka the firm who put things
called electrical systems on English cars and bikes?)

I needed a new battery for my Audi A4 the other day.

Guess what I saw... a variety of Lucas branded parts under the hood!

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net