I love Jim Campbell

Old August 9th 03, 06:21 AM
John Stricker

Ampmeter,

I'm crushed. I can be just as obnoxious as those other losers you
mentioned.

If I gave enough of a damn to try anymore.

John "I sign mine too" Stricker

"John Ammeter" wrote in message
news
I've known many of the regulars on RAH for several years.
Maybe I'm inclined to forgive transgressions too easily. I
know that BWB, Urban, Springer and Johanson can all be
irritating and obnoxious at times.

But, they, at least, all have the cojones to identify who
they are. We all know who they are even though some may
think that Jerry Springer wouldn't have time between TV
shows to peruse the internet.

John Ammeter

Notice.... I SIGN my posts... can you do the same Bernie??

Old August 9th 03, 06:44 AM
pac plyer

Big John wrote

I never had to back up to the pay table. (Old Army expression)

Big John

Hey John,

Nobody's going to believe this, but one day on the 74 I picked up the
RA/DG(restricted articles/Dangerous Good) form and it listed several
pounds of Plutonium on the form! At the former airline we had a TI
limit of 50, but to get cushy government DG mac contracts we got a
special exemption from the faa (no passengers allowed) that had no
limit to the TI. I remembered that our ops specs specifically
prohibited this stuff from being on board. I complained to the
captain who had the agent take the form back to ops as we sat in the
jet waiting to go. The ramp agent returned with another form that
said nuclear medicine sample, and then he clammered back down the
ladder before I could question him, got in his truck and took off. I
couldn't help notice that the Cargo doors were all still closed so
nothing got taken off. :-#

I'm still kicking myself today for not going inside and burning a copy
for the Union to see today (this was pre-union)

and I thought that glow was the moon every night!

John were you army air corps, then USAF?

your friend

pac "rads" plyer
Old August 9th 03, 11:33 PM
John Ammeter

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 00:21:30 -0500, "John Stricker"
wrote:

Ampmeter,

I'm crushed. I can be just as obnoxious as those other losers you
mentioned.

If I gave enough of a damn to try anymore.

John "I sign mine too" Stricker

"John Ammeter" wrote in message
news
I've known many of the regulars on RAH for several years.
Maybe I'm inclined to forgive transgressions too easily. I
know that BWB, Urban, Springer and Johanson can all be
irritating and obnoxious at times.

But, they, at least, all have the cojones to identify who
they are. We all know who they are even though some may
think that Jerry Springer wouldn't have time between TV
shows to peruse the internet.

John Ammeter

Notice.... I SIGN my posts... can you do the same Bernie??

No doubt, Stricker, you're in a class by yourself... Now,
is that high class or low class......

BTW, did I send you the pic of my new shop?

john
Old August 10th 03, 03:17 AM
Del Rawlins

On 09 Aug 2003 02:33 PM, John Ammeter posted the following:

BTW, did I send you the pic of my new shop?

John, are you about ready to build that Bearhawk we talked about? 8^)

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Old August 10th 03, 03:43 AM
John Ammeter

On 10 Aug 2003 02:17:29 GMT, Del Rawlins
wrote:

On 09 Aug 2003 02:33 PM, John Ammeter posted the following:

BTW, did I send you the pic of my new shop?

John, are you about ready to build that Bearhawk we talked about? 8^)

will it take off in less than 100 feet?

John
Old August 10th 03, 04:22 AM
John Stricker

Yep, got the picture.

You need to mow your weeds you slacker. 8-)

John Stricker

Old August 10th 03, 04:39 AM
John Ammeter

I rented one of those DR weed wackers for 4 hours. At one
time, I thought I might have to hook a cable onto my truck
and tow the DR out of the weeds. The weeds were over 6 feet
tall, the DR was grunting its way forward and I was HOPING
that we'd make it to the far side of the patch.

John

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 22:22:39 -0500, "John Stricker"
wrote:

Yep, got the picture.

You need to mow your weeds you slacker. 8-)

John Stricker

.. .

Old August 10th 03, 07:15 AM
Del Rawlins

On 09 Aug 2003 06:43 PM, John Ammeter posted the following:

will it take off in less than 100 feet?

I don't have a distance figure but guys who have flown an O-540 powered
Bearhawk say that by the time you are finished putting in the power, you
are airborne. Bob Barrows' 2nd prototype with the 260hp lyc weighs in
at 1270 empty with a constant speed prop. Wing area = 180 square feet.
You do the math. The flaps are around 8 feet long, and go down 50
degrees.

Old August 10th 03, 10:54 AM
B2431

On AAC, yes until the USAF broke off in '47.

AAC went out of business years before 1947. I think it turned into USAAF in
1941. I would have to look it up to be sure.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired
Old August 10th 03, 11:38 AM
Kevin Horton

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 10:54:53 +0000, B2431 wrote:

On AAC, yes until the USAF broke off in '47.

AAC went out of business years before 1947. I think it turned into USAAF in
1941. I would have to look it up to be sure.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Nope, it is was 1947. Straight from the USAF Museum's web site:

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/history/postwwii/nsa.htm

--
Kevin Horton RV-8 (finishing kit)
Ottawa, Canada