XC-Soar and HP310 / HP314 (Euro)

Old January 29th 09, 08:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

Default XC-Soar and HP310 / HP314 (Euro)

On Jan 29, 10:22*am, Richard wrote:
On Jan 29, 9:45*am, Jim White wrote:

At 16:13 29 January 2009, Richard wrote:

The backlight and the battery scheme can be set in the CE 5.0 control
panel.

Start-Settings-Control-Panel-display-backlight * uncheck all

Start-Settings-Control-Panel-Power- *set both schemes to all never

These settings will be save in the registry automatially.

Just a note Craggy Aero has had the 310/314 *power cable available for
the Ipaq 310/314 for about 2 months.

http://www.craggyaero.com/pdam.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Thanks Richard but all these settings are lost on reset. Do you know how
to make them stick? So far I reckon simplest is a script.

Jim- Hide quoted text -

JIm,

My settings are not lost when I do a soft reset with the pen. *I am
running SeeYou Mobile from the SD Card. *Maybe something in their
setup from the card saves the settings.

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

I agree with Richard about not losing settings when booted from a
card. Solid as a rock. Also I really like the airspace files from
JustSoar loaded in, works very well.
Old January 30th 09, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Jan 29, 12:18*pm, brianDG303 wrote:
[...]

JustSoar loaded in, works very well.- Hide quoted text -

Brian,

What is your opinion on the visibiltiy of the 310 with direct
sunlight from the rear.

Craggy Aero does have a C310 power cable that charges the Ipaq 310
from the CAI 302 or PWR-5b. Tested on both.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old January 31st 09, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

On Jan 30, 6:56*am, Richard wrote:
[...]

Richard, I really like the unit, but -
I am comparing it to the IPAQ 3970, not the Cnav or the ultimate
I prefer no terrain (white screen) as opposed to moving map
the sunlight glare angle I think you are talking about is hard to get
the way I have mine mounted. At worst the sun comes in at about 30
degrees above vertical which puts the glare angle in my lap.

and, as I suspect you fly with an ultimate but own a HP310, try this-
I fly with Terrain OFF but then run in SIM mode with Terrain ON while
on commercial airline trips or other down time. Great way to study
your past flights, and with the screen resolution of the HP it's like
watching a movie.

I like the way you are supporting the HP310. I'll contact you soon
about getting a cable.

HP310 and XCSoar Jim White[_3_] Soaring 2 January 14th 09 06:15 PM
Applications soar at AFA Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 December 3rd 03 10:12 PM
Euro-fighter? Bryan Military Aviation 2 October 29th 03 04:01 PM
why do you soar? Mark James Boyd Soaring 27 October 21st 03 07:48 PM
adrenaline, was why do you soar? Robert Ehrlich Soaring 6 October 13th 03 09:08 PM