Canals in Missouri?

Old March 19th 07, 08:18 PM
Vic7 Vic7 is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Honeck View Post

you know someone has spent some tax dollars.

--
Jay Honeck

And there you have succinctly stated the real purpose of the ditches: bringing pork home to your constituents (if by constituents you understand me to mean contributors.)

The farm fields of eastern Arkysaw are incredibly fertile and productive because they have been regularly flooded for uncounted centuries. Displaying depressingly typical human wisdom, the farmers demanded that their representatives do something about the spring floods. The representatives threw money at the Corps of Engineers and the Corps happily consolidated and straighted out all those messy creeks and rivers.

Guess who's now spending more on fertilizer and irrigation?

V7
Old March 23rd 07, 09:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

Default Canals in Missouri?

"Morgans" wrote in message

How so? He was advised to go around, and chose not to. If it was a good
idea to go through, he would not have suggested to go around.

Not the pilot, "weak stick" refers to a poor controller. BT said he has
been on both sides of the mic, and would terminate flight following for an
aircraft that chose to go through a hot MOA.

I would not fault a controller not wanting any part of a flight through a
hot MOA. Are you saying that you would be happy to continue being
responsible, as a controller, for a plane flying through a hot MOA?

Been there, done that. But ATC is not responsible for separation between
the using aircraft and VFR aircraft that choose to fly through a MOA.
Flight following is simply traffic advisories.

Old March 23rd 07, 09:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"Morgans" wrote in message

There was nothing in my post that had any inference of when I became aware
of the situation, or whether I was or was not aware of the situation. You
chose to read that into it, but that is hardly surprising.
Anything to have a reason to argue.

Not so. In his OP Jay said, "we were diverted around the Lindbergh MOA."
No mention of any request by ATC or any suggested heading. You wrote, "ATC
requested that he divert, when he gave a suggested heading." That implies
you were unaware of the situation, that you hadn't read the OP.