Canals in Missouri?

Old March 18th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

Default Canals in Missouri?

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
thlink.net...
:
: "Blueskies" wrote in message
: t...
:
: You 'were diverted' around an MOA? Don't you mean you decided to fly
: around it.
: There is no requirement to stay out of MOAs...
:
:
: There is if you're IFR.
:
:

As always, Jay was VFR.

You are required to follow your clearance if you are IFR, where ever they send you there you
are...

Old March 18th 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"Blueskies" wrote in message
. ..

As always, Jay was VFR.

You are required to follow your clearance if you are IFR, where ever they
send you
there you are...

ATC would only divert him around a MOA if he was IFR.

Old March 18th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...
:
: "Blueskies" wrote in message
: . ..
:
: As always, Jay was VFR.
:
: You are required to follow your clearance if you are IFR, where ever they
: send you
: there you are...
:
:
: ATC would only divert him around a MOA if he was IFR.
:
:

Yup, that's what I said...

Old March 18th 07, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

: ATC would only divert him around a MOA if he was IFR.
:
:

Yup, that's what I said...

Which is all picking nits at definitions and terminology. ATC requested
that he divert, when he gave a suggested heading. Of course Jay could
ignore it, but that would not be very smart, would it?
--
Jim in NC

Old March 18th 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

I choose to avoid MOAs as well, but choosing to follow an ATC suggestion is
not being diverted by ATC.

And choosing to discuss this with you is not being diverted by logic.

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 18th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BT

I have been on both sides of the mic. If a VFR aircraft chooses to proceed
through a HOT MOA and mix it up with fast fighters doing ACM (air combat
maneuvers) and I am not controlling the fighters.

He is on his own.

BT

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
news

"BT" wrote in message

If I'm getting flight following... and the ATC controller recommends a
divert around a HOT MOA.. and I refuse...
I can expect his next transmission to be, "Roger, radar service
terminated, squawk 1200, good day and good luck."

Why do you expect that?

Old March 18th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"Blueskies" wrote in message
t...

Yup, that's what I said...

No, it isn't.

Old March 18th 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"Morgans" wrote in message

Which is all picking nits at definitions and terminology. ATC requested
that he divert, when he gave a suggested heading. Of course Jay could
ignore it, but that would not be very smart, would it?

Jay said nothing about an ATC suggestion, he said that he was diverted by
ATC.

Old March 18th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...

And choosing to discuss this with you is not being diverted by logic.

I doubt that you will ever be diverted by logic.