Help Needed- Registration

Old February 20th 14, 02:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Help Needed- Registration

Possibly one of our Canadian friends can help me with my problem.
I am working on registering a glider that was imported from Canada a number of years ago and not registered when imported.
In order to register it. I need a letter from the Canadian Civil Aircraft Registry indicating that the glider is no longer registered there. I have reviewed and printed the registry history and it does show it was cancelled. The print out of this was sent to The FAA but this is not acceptable.
I have twice tried to contact the Canadians by way of the contacts page on the web site and left messages. No reply has been forthcoming.
Does anyone have information on how I can contact the right folks either by phone, letter, or e-mail.
Thanks in advance.
UH
Old February 20th 14, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

On Thursday, February 20, 2014 6:02:24 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Possibly one of our Canadian friends can help me with my problem.

I am working on registering a glider that was imported from Canada a number of years ago and not registered when imported.

In order to register it. I need a letter from the Canadian Civil Aircraft Registry indicating that the glider is no longer registered there. I have reviewed and printed the registry history and it does show it was cancelled.. The print out of this was sent to The FAA but this is not acceptable.

I have twice tried to contact the Canadians by way of the contacts page on the web site and left messages. No reply has been forthcoming.

Does anyone have information on how I can contact the right folks either by phone, letter, or e-mail.

Thanks in advance.

UH

You need to contact Transport Canada (Canadian FAA) and request the glider be de-registered for export to US. Show that to our FAA and they will let you register it here. I went through this drill a while back after the Canadian club told Transport Canada the glider had been destroyed. I mailed them a request stating it had not been destroyed, just busted up a bit, and requested they de-register it for export to US. They were quite nice people to deal with.
Cheers,
JJ
Old February 20th 14, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, February 20, 2014 5:54:12 PM UTC-5, JJ Sinclair wrote:
On Thursday, February 20, 2014 6:02:24 AM UTC-8, wrote: Possibly one of our Canadian friends can help me with my problem. I am working on registering a glider that was imported from Canada a number of years ago and not registered when imported. In order to register it. I need a letter from the Canadian Civil Aircraft Registry indicating that the glider is no longer registered there. I have reviewed and printed the registry history and it does show it was cancelled. The print out of this was sent to The FAA but this is not acceptable. I have twice tried to contact the Canadians by way of the contacts page on the web site and left messages. No reply has been forthcoming. Does anyone have information on how I can contact the right folks either by phone, letter, or e-mail. Thanks in advance. UH You need to contact Transport Canada (Canadian FAA) and request the glider be de-registered for export to US. Show that to our FAA and they will let you register it here. I went through this drill a while back after the Canadian club told Transport Canada the glider had been destroyed. I mailed them a request stating it had not been destroyed, just busted up a bit, and requested they de-register it for export to US. They were quite nice people to deal with. Cheers, JJ

Been trying to do just that but can't get a response out of Transport Canada, thus my request for better contact info than on their web site. Shame of it is I have a printout from their site that shows registration cancelled, but that is not acceptable to Ok City.
Sigh
UH
Old February 21st 14, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

On Thursday, February 20, 2014 9:02:24 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Possibly one of our Canadian friends can help me with my problem.

I am working on registering a glider that was imported from Canada a number of years ago and not registered when imported.

In order to register it. I need a letter from the Canadian Civil Aircraft Registry indicating that the glider is no longer registered there. I have reviewed and printed the registry history and it does show it was cancelled.. The print out of this was sent to The FAA but this is not acceptable.

I have twice tried to contact the Canadians by way of the contacts page on the web site and left messages. No reply has been forthcoming.

Does anyone have information on how I can contact the right folks either by phone, letter, or e-mail.

Thanks in advance.

UH

From their website: "Transport Canada Civil Aviation has many offices throughout Canada to serve you better! Call the Civil Aviation Communications Centre at 1-800-305-2059 with any questions you may have."

If you tell me what province the aircraft was registered in, I'll look up the appropriate office and give you address/phone/e-mail info, or you can look it up at:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviatio...egions-139.htm.

Old February 21st 14, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, February 20, 2014 6:43:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

Hank, I called them last year and I found them easier to talk than FAA. The office I called was in Ontario.
Old February 21st 14, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

Hank,

You can send an email to the Ontario Region office at:

Hopefully, they can help you.

As someone else has suggested, make sure you tell them it was exported to the USA and give them the old Canadian registration marks.