Va and negative g's & fun non-acrobatic maneuvers

Old December 3rd 03, 11:24 PM
Paul Sengupta

For added effect use an aerobatic plane and bank to just over
the 90 degrees. Got my g-meter up to about 3 pulling out of
one of those.

Paul

"One's Too Many" wrote in message
om...
From level flight at slow-normal cruise, with plenty of altitude to
spare (i.e 5000 AGL), pull the power back to idle and bank the thing
over to almost 60 degrees letting the nose fall over in a slow steep
banked 180 degree turn. Watch your airspeed and make sure it stays at
or below Va. Level out and then do it again in the opposite bank, to
make a big falling slow figure-8 pattern as you descend. Keep your
bank at or below 60 degrees and the nose down angle less than 30
degrees and you're still legal. Because you're not maintaining level
flight in the 60 deg banks, you're not really pulling any Gs in the
banks either. The most Gs you pull is when you level out after you're
done with the steep banks. Maybe 1.5 Gs at the most if you're sloppy
about it. One of my favorite "fun" things since you get a windshield
full of straight-down plus a wee bit of almost-zero-G feeling without
hardly any stress on the aircraft at all.

Old December 4th 03, 05:31 PM
One's Too Many

"Paul Sengupta" wrote in message . ..
For added effect use an aerobatic plane and bank to just over
the 90 degrees. Got my g-meter up to about 3 pulling out of
one of those.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
..
..
..
..
Ralph Buick
Old December 4th 03, 11:22 PM
Model Flyer

"Paul Sengupta" wrote in
message ...
For added effect use an aerobatic plane and bank to just over
the 90 degrees. Got my g-meter up to about 3 pulling out of
one of those.

What plane was that?
--
---