FLARM early-bird discount

Old December 29th 10, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_12_]

Default FLARM early-bird discount

Well, it has come down to the final couple of days to take advantage
of the FLARM early-bird discount. FLARM will be THE major electronic
device for glider safety, and I suspect those who are most serious
about glider flying and safety have already joined the several
hundreds of pilots who have placed their order.

It is not too late if you act very quickly. Choose one of the dealers
and send an email if you want one at the reduced price. The offer ends
Dec 31st.

Tom Knauff

Knauff & Grove Soaring Supplies
Old December 29th 10, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_2_]

On Dec 29, 3:37*pm, Tom wrote:
Well, it has come down to the final couple of days to take advantage
of the FLARM early-bird discount. *FLARM will be THE major electronic
device for glider safety, and I suspect those who are most serious
about glider flying and safety have already joined the several
hundreds of pilots who have placed their order.

It is not too late if you act very quickly. Choose one of the dealers
and send an email if you want one at the reduced price. The offer ends
Dec 31st.

Tom Knauff

Knauff & Grove Soaring Supplies

Like Tom says...

If you're looking for information there is lots of it at

http://www.gliderpilot.org/FLARM

If you're worried that you won't see people because you're the only
one carrying flarm, take a look at

http://www.gliderpilot.org/Flarm-PlanToPurchaseList

126 pilots have gone past ordering and put their name on the website.
I gather there are at least a hundred more on order. You will see lots
of pilots; maybe the majority at some contests and sites.

Finally, Flarm is to some extent producing to order not for a deep
inventory. There's no guarantee you'll get one instantly if you wait.

There are even deeper discounts for big groups or clubs.

I hope to "see you" all next year!

John Cochrane
Old December 29th 10, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Some 35 units have now been ordered in Arizona alone. Essentially
every private pilot in Arizona has now signed on. Anyone thinking of
coming to Arizona to do some flying next year darn well ought to get a
Powerflarm ordered.
Old December 30th 10, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

On Dec 29, 4:29*pm, Steve Koerner wrote:
Some 35 units have now been ordered in Arizona alone. *Essentially
every private pilot in Arizona has now signed on. *Anyone thinking of
coming to Arizona to do some flying next year darn well ought to get a
Powerflarm ordered.

At Moriarty 34 PowerFlarm units are on order. This includes 4 units
for the Albuquerque Soaring Club and the balance for private owners.
It is great to hear that our soaring friends in AZ will also soon have
units. This means that the majority of private ships in AZ & NM will
be PowerFlarm equipped for 2011.

Our AZ friends are always invited to join us anytime at 0E0, and with
most folks PowerFlarm equipped, it will hopefully make it safer for
everyone! One suggestion....they may want to wait until things warm up
a bit! A large snowstorm/blizzard is now enroute to NM! Thx - 3R
Old December 30th 10, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_12_]

I understand more than 500 have been ordered in the USA at this time.
We will have a tally after the first of the year when all the dealers
report in.

Tom

Old December 30th 10, 01:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_2_]

And don't forget the towplane! We've had two recent midairs in the US
between gliders and towplanes. Flarm isn't just flor gliders, it's not
just for fancy racing gliders and it's not just for contests.

John Cochrane
Old December 30th 10, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

On Dec 29, 5:54*pm, John Cochrane
wrote:
And don't forget the towplane! We've had two recent midairs in the US
between gliders and towplanes. Flarm isn't just flor gliders, it's not
just for fancy racing gliders and it's not just for contests.

John Cochrane

WIllamette Valley Soaring Club, and it's members have ordered 20.
Old December 30th 10, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
NelsonFunston

wrote:

And don't forget the towplane! We've had two recent midairs in the US
between gliders and towplanes. Flarm isn't just flor gliders, it's not
just for fancy racing gliders and it's not just for contests.

John Cochrane

WIllamette Valley Soaring Club, and it's members have ordered 20.

The Ephrata SGC group buy is at 37 including towplanes

Nelson
Old December 31st 10, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim[_2_]

Texas Soaring Association has committed to equipping its entire fleet
(4 tugs, 11 gliders) with PowerFlarm and 25 more units coming for
private owners - TSA in for @40!

EY

Flarm in the US Steve Freeman Soaring 163 August 15th 10 12:12 AM
IGC FLARM DLL [email protected] Soaring 1 March 25th 08 11:27 AM
FLARM Robert Hart Soaring 50 March 16th 06 11:20 PM
Flarm Mal Soaring 4 October 19th 05 08:44 AM