Standard Libelle in a Cobra Trailer

Old February 24th 11, 04:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hagbard Celine

Default Standard Libelle in a Cobra Trailer

A friend of mine bought an 85 Cobra that used to hold a Ventus and is
in the process of fitting his 201 Libelle into it. The horizontal
stabilizer holder that came with the trailer is nowhere near the right
size for the Libelle part so we're faced with the choice of either
making or purchasing a replacement. The Cobra website lists a variety
of gliders to choose from when buying the part from them but has no
listing for the Libelle. It does list some standard class gliders from
that era such as ASW-15, Standard Cirrus and LS-1. Does anyone have
any idea which bracket might fit the Libelle stab? I've seen Libelles
in Cobra trailers before so someone must have already figured this out!
Old February 24th 11, 05:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

On Feb 23, 8:45*pm, Hagbard Celine wrote:
A friend of mine bought an 85 Cobra that used to hold a Ventus and is
in the process of fitting his 201 Libelle into it. The horizontal
stabilizer holder that came with the trailer is nowhere near the right
size for the Libelle part so we're faced with the choice of either
making or purchasing a replacement. The Cobra website lists a variety
of gliders to choose from when buying the part from them but has no
listing for the Libelle. It does list some standard class gliders from
that era such as ASW-15, Standard Cirrus and LS-1. Does anyone have
any idea which bracket might fit the Libelle stab? I've seen Libelles
in Cobra trailers before so someone must have already figured this out!

Why not send this question to them in an email? Try:

The support is very good.

Brian
Old February 24th 11, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
hotelalpha

On Feb 23, 9:56*pm, brianDG303 wrote:
On Feb 23, 8:45*pm, Hagbard Celine wrote:

A friend of mine bought an 85 Cobra that used to hold a Ventus and is
in the process of fitting his 201 Libelle into it. The horizontal
stabilizer holder that came with the trailer is nowhere near the right
size for the Libelle part so we're faced with the choice of either
making or purchasing a replacement. The Cobra website lists a variety
of gliders to choose from when buying the part from them but has no
listing for the Libelle. It does list some standard class gliders from
that era such as ASW-15, Standard Cirrus and LS-1. Does anyone have
any idea which bracket might fit the Libelle stab? I've seen Libelles
in Cobra trailers before so someone must have already figured this out!

Why not send this question to them in an email? Try:

The support is very good.

Brian

I put my LS1f in a 2005 Cobra trailer and used the existing stabilizer
fixture.

Sean
Old February 25th 11, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hagbard Celine

We've sent a message to the factory and are still waiting on a reply
so I thought I'd put the question up here to see if anyone else had
already done this.
Old February 25th 11, 05:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Feb 24, 5:01*pm, Hagbard Celine wrote:
We've sent a message to the factory and are still waiting on a reply
so I thought I'd put the question up here to see if anyone else had
already done this.

I have a nice tube trailer I'll trade you for that Cobra, I'll also
modify the stab cradle to fit the Libelle horizontal.

Brad
Old February 25th 11, 06:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hagbard Celine

Can't trade the Cobra but we could trade you a wretched tube trailer
that used to hold a Libelle for your nice tube trailer.