US Army ready for Esperanto terrorism, what about USAF and USN?

Old July 21st 04, 03:46 PM
Joe Osman

Default US Army ready for Esperanto terrorism, what about USAF and USN?

If those pesky Esperanto give us too much trouble our US Army is ready. All
they have to do is run off a bunch of copies of US Army field manual FM
301-101-1 "Esperanto: The Aggressor Language." You can get your own copy. Go
to http://carlisle-www.army.mil/usamhi/ click on the "Collecton Online" tab,
then the "Authority Documents" picture on the next page, the search button
on the next page and then enter esperanto in the search field on the next
page.
No idea yet as to when this 1962 edition which replaced the 1959 FM 301-101A
will itself be replaced by a joint manual. I would assume that a more
current estimate of the Esperanto threat would be required first.

Joe

Old July 21st 04, 05:38 PM
Peter Stickney

In article ,
"Joe Osman" writes:
If those pesky Esperanto give us too much trouble our US Army is ready. All
they have to do is run off a bunch of copies of US Army field manual FM
301-101-1 "Esperanto: The Aggressor Language." You can get your own copy. Go
to http://carlisle-www.army.mil/usamhi/ click on the "Collecton Online" tab,
then the "Authority Documents" picture on the next page, the search button
on the next page and then enter esperanto in the search field on the next
page.
No idea yet as to when this 1962 edition which replaced the 1959 FM 301-101A
will itself be replaced by a joint manual. I would assume that a more
current estimate of the Esperanto threat would be required first.

That's just the Language Guide for folks who were studying the threat
of the Dreaded Agressor Armed Forces of teh Triumvirate of the Circle
Trigon. The Circle Trigon Forces were distinguished by three
characteristics - they spoke Esparanto, they wore "Ming the
Merciless" crested helmets, and they were the only military in the
world that the Pentomic Army has a reasonable chance to beat.
(Agressor training back then was pretty stylized).

Needless to say, the events of the Mid-1960s revealed certain
shortcoming in agressor training. Eventually the whole shebang
evolved into NTC at Ft. Irwin, with dedicated OPFORS pretending to be
real opponents, and whatever they're calling the operation at
Ft. Polk, (Which is where the Former Russian Helicopters hang out. -
at one point, in the mid-'90s, the most current Mi-24 (Hind) pilots
were in the U.S. Army)

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster
Old July 21st 04, 11:48 PM
Brian Sharrock

"Joe Osman" wrote in message
If those pesky Esperanto give us too much trouble our US Army is ready.

All
they have to do is run off a bunch of copies of US Army field manual FM
301-101-1 "Esperanto: The Aggressor Language." You can get your own copy.

Go
to http://carlisle-www.army.mil/usamhi/ click on the "Collecton Online"

tab,
then the "Authority Documents" picture on the next page, the search button
on the next page and then enter esperanto in the search field on the next
page.
No idea yet as to when this 1962 edition which replaced the 1959 FM

301-101A
will itself be replaced by a joint manual. I would assume that a more
current estimate of the Esperanto threat would be required first.

Joe

Mi ni povas visitis pagojn vi citas! Chu possiblis mi visitan pagojn
de eskstran-landon?
Esperantistoj tutmundaj, ~ unite!
La sono vi povas audis estas lan sonon de Zamenhof volvas en su tombon

It's over a half-century since I looked at a TEJO journal
Green-star wearers of the world unite against this calumny from
usamhi! Agressors? ... Huh!

--

Brian

Old July 22nd 04, 03:30 AM
Duke of URL

Joe Osman wrote:

If those pesky Esperanto give us too much trouble our US Army is
ready. All they have to do is run off a bunch of copies of US Army
field manual FM 301-101-1 "Esperanto: The Aggressor Language." You
can get your own copy. Go to http://carlisle-www.army.mil/usamhi/
click on the "Collecton Online" tab, then the "Authority Documents"
picture on the next page, the search button on the next page and then
enter esperanto in the search field on the next page.
No idea yet as to when this 1962 edition which replaced the 1959 FM
301-101A will itself be replaced by a joint manual. I would assume
that a more current estimate of the Esperanto threat would be
required first.

Hmph. Not to condemn Ser Osman as unneccessarily overworking peoples'
mouses, but ...
Click On:
http://144.99.215.51:8080/awapps/mai...&smd=1&awdid=1

BTW, Joe, thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten about the days when we had
to be on the constant alert for penetration/sabotage/assault by the eeevill
Esperantists.
Yes, they attempted to attack Naval installations, too. Not routinely,
though - it was usually a squad of turn-coat SEALs (Like that? Huh? Huh?
Like that pune[1] on seal coats? Huh?) who would infiltrate.

[1] a play on words
--
The One-and-only Holy Moses™