Seminole-Lake Gliderport is Thriving

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 19th 16, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]

Default Seminole-Lake Gliderport is Thriving

First I would like to wish all our fathers out there a Happy Fathers Day! With as much sadness as we have had in Orlando recently it is good to celebrate a very special day.

The company sent out a press release on September 10, 2015 that announced the change in leadership at Seminole-Lake Gliderport. A short seven months after that leadership change, we held the 26th Annual Senior Soaring Championship. This contest had 93 pilots sign up for only 60 total entry slots. Please take a look at the video that was commissioned for the event (https..//vimeo.com/160381774). If you look at the latest Soaring magazine in the section on new glider pilots, Seminole-Lake is doing a great job of introducing new pilots and powered pilots to soaring. As a member of the soaring community, all of our employees strive to provide the very best instruction, and service to all of you. There has been a number of questions posted on the health of the company. As the Vice President I can tell all of you we are doing great. We have made capital improvements to the grounds, have plans for a T-hangar project, and continue to be the home of the largest single class contest in the US. We have also run XC/Racing/OLC Camps following the Seniors that have been attended by a wide range of pilots.

I would encourage everyone who attended one of our camps or the Seniors to post on this site your impressions of Seminole-Lake. I would also ask to contact me personally so that we could discuss your concerns.

Again, have a very Happy Father's Day! See you on the grid!

Rich Owen (ZO)
Vice President
Seminole Flying and Soaring (Parent company of Seminole-Lake Gliderport)

407-325-6500 cell