BS-1 N10PE

Old May 13th 05, 12:02 AM
Steve Leonard

Default BS-1 N10PE

I am trying to find this sailplane. It was brought to the US in 1970
or so by Elmer Katinszky. It then went to the East Coast in 1979, then
to the Pacific Northwest in 1980, and returned to Souther California in
about 1984. Sometime between 1984 and February 1987, the aircraft was
destroyed. At least, that is what the returned Trienial report says.

I checked the NTSB site, and there is nothing lised for the
registration number. Anyone out there got any memories of it? Not so
much interested in what happened to it that day as where it has gone
since.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Steve Leonard
Wichita, KS

Old May 13th 05, 01:20 AM
Bob Kuykendall

Back when Steve Brown ran Bay Area Composite Repair in Fremont, CA, he
had a BS-1 go through his shop for a refinish job. It would have been
in 1991 through about 1993. I seem to recall that the same guy owned
that BS-1 and also one or two others, possibly wrecked parts aircraft.
That might be something to try following up on.

Bob K.
http://www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24

Old May 13th 05, 05:39 AM

Bob Kuykendall wrote:
Back when Steve Brown ran Bay Area Composite Repair in Fremont, CA,

he
had a BS-1 go through his shop for a refinish job. It would have been
in 1991 through about 1993. I seem to recall that the same guy owned
that BS-1 and also one or two others, possibly wrecked parts

aircraft.
That might be something to try following up on.

Bob K.
http://www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24

Steve
Try Terry Tyes? He has two or three of them at the Carson City Airport,

Tom S.

Old May 13th 05, 01:42 PM
Steve Leonard

Steve
Try Terry Tyes? He has two or three of them at the Carson City

Airport,

Tom S.

Thanks, Tom. I have been in contact with Thierry Thys, and he does not
have N10PE. I think it was based at or near Crystalaire. The last
registered owner is still at the same address (according to ssa) as he
was in 1987, and I have left a message at the phone number on the ssa
site for this person. Will see where this leads.

Thanks!

Steve Leonard