(B-29 FiFi DSC_3219.jpg (1/1)] [22/35] - Florida International Airshow Static

Old April 12th 12, 09:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek[_4_]

Default (B-29 FiFi DSC_3219.jpg (1/1)] [22/35] - Florida International Airshow Static

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B-29 FiFi DSC_3219.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	55086
Old April 20th 12, 10:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ramsman

On 12/04/2012 21:32, Indrek wrote:

Nice pictures!

Am I missing something here, but why paint 'EXIT' on the OUTSIDE of the
door?

--
Peter
Old April 20th 12, 10:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton[_3_]

"Ramsman" wrote in message
On 12/04/2012 21:32, Indrek wrote:

Nice pictures!

Am I missing something here, but why paint 'EXIT' on the OUTSIDE of the
door?

--
Peter

That would stop (most of) the punters entering the plane in the wrong
direction and blocking traffic.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old April 20th 12, 11:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ramsman

On 20/04/2012 10:23, Dave Kearton wrote:
"Ramsman" wrote in message
On 12/04/2012 21:32, Indrek wrote:

Nice pictures!

Am I missing something here, but why paint 'EXIT' on the OUTSIDE of
the door?

--
Peter

That would stop (most of) the punters entering the plane in the wrong
direction and blocking traffic.

Do they actually allow the public into such a valuable aircraft?

--
Peter
Old April 20th 12, 01:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton[_3_]

"Ramsman" wrote in message
On 12/04/2012 21:32, Indrek wrote:

Nice pictures!

Am I missing something here, but why paint 'EXIT' on the OUTSIDE of
the door?

--
Peter

That would stop (most of) the punters entering the plane in the wrong
direction and blocking traffic.

Do they actually allow the public into such a valuable aircraft?

--
Peter

I wouldn't. I don't really know for certain if they do.

I'd imagine, while it's sitting on the ground, for a sizeable donation you
can climb in through the bomb bay and out through the nosewheel doors - with
stops off in the cockpit and all points in between.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old April 20th 12, 05:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Orval Fairbairn

"Ramsman" wrote in message
On 12/04/2012 21:32, Indrek wrote:

Nice pictures!

Am I missing something here, but why paint 'EXIT' on the OUTSIDE of
the door?

--
Peter

That would stop (most of) the punters entering the plane in the wrong
direction and blocking traffic.

Do they actually allow the public into such a valuable aircraft?

Yes -- they allow guided tours of it. I got to tour it when it was here
in Daytona Beach about a month ago. It usually costs some $, but our EAA
Chapter 288 hosted Fifi, so members got a free tour one day.
Old April 20th 12, 05:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-04-20 05:53:53 -0700, "Dave Kearton"

"Ramsman" wrote in message
On 12/04/2012 21:32, Indrek wrote:

Nice pictures!

Am I missing something here, but why paint 'EXIT' on the OUTSIDE of
the door?

--
Peter

That would stop (most of) the punters entering the plane in the wrong
direction and blocking traffic.

Do they actually allow the public into such a valuable aircraft?

--
Peter

I wouldn't. I don't really know for certain if they do.

I'd imagine, while it's sitting on the ground, for a sizeable donation
you can climb in through the bomb bay and out through the nosewheel
doors - with stops off in the cockpit and all points in between.

The usual Air Show paid walk through runs $25, pretty much as it did
for a walk through of B-25 "Maid in the Shade".

--
Regards,

Savageduck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_DNC5434Aw.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	242.2 KB
ID:	55247
Old May 23rd 12, 05:26 AM
Sky Quest Sky Quest is offline
Banned

Location: West Palm Beach, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsman View Post
Do they actually allow the public into such a valuable aircraft?
--
Peter
They actually sell tickets for flights on it too. For a huge fee of course. I got a chance to fly in it on April this year at Fun & Sun in Lakeland Florida. Even got to ride in the front bombardier seat. Even made a pass at Fantasy of Flight that day. The once in a lifetime experience was awesome, and to me worth the cost.
Old May 24th 12, 03:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jeff Cochrane - VK4XA

"Sky Quest" wrote in message

Ramsman;813650 Wrote:

Do they actually allow the public into such a valuable aircraft?
--
Peter

They actually sell tickets for flights on it too. For a huge fee of
course. I got a chance to fly in it on April this year at Fun & Sun in
Lakeland Florida. Even got to ride in the front bombardier seat. Even
made a pass at Fantasy of Flight that day. The once in a lifetime
experience was awesome, and to me worth the cost.

--
Sky Quest

Just outta curiosity, what was the cost?

--

Jeff Cochrane - VK4XA
East Innisfail

Old May 24th 12, 04:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ed Kettler[_2_]

"Jeff Cochrane - VK4XA" m
wrote in eb.com:

"Sky Quest" wrote in message

Ramsman;813650 Wrote:

Do they actually allow the public into such a valuable aircraft?
--
Peter

They actually sell tickets for flights on it too. For a huge fee of
course. I got a chance to fly in it on April this year at Fun & Sun in
Lakeland Florida. Even got to ride in the front bombardier seat. Even
made a pass at Fantasy of Flight that day. The once in a lifetime
experience was awesome, and to me worth the cost.

--
Sky Quest

Just outta curiosity, what was the cost?

Fifi is based at the Cavanaugh Flight Museum at Addison TX just north of
Dallas. Ride information is at http://www.cafb29b24.org

Summary of prices:
Bombardier - $1495 "the best seat in the house"
Radio Ooperator - $995
Flight Observer (behind pilot) - $995
Rear Fuselage (5 seats) - $595

When they are in town for maintanance, we give a shuttle bus ride down to
their hangar and you can wallk through them for $5 each.

Ed
Cavanaugh Flight Museum volunteer