Landsat (15m or 30m) and Modis (1km twice daily)

Old May 8th 05, 06:35 PM

Default Landsat (15m or 30m) and Modis (1km twice daily)

Landsat links at JPL have changed. Sorry to the 25 or so people a week
visiting my stale links. I have updated them:

http://www.geocities.com/jgere34/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/jgere34/world.html

JPL is now webserving the twice daily Modis 1km res. photos with
natural color terrain and clouds. They are also available from MODIS
with coordinates and time stamps in slightly large tiles. Worldwide
coverage is not complete in either case.

To avoid downloading bigger files than necessary or having to mosaic
tiles you can download from JPL just your area of interest (up to 4096
by 4096 pixels) by specifying the lat/long corners with the "bbox"
parameter and the image pixel size with "height" and "width". See
sample links at:

http://www.geocities.com/jgere34/daily.html

Jonathan Gere

P.S. Don't get your hopes too high. 1km clouds from the right day, but
the wrong hour are not completely satisfactory.

Old May 9th 05, 05:51 PM
Denis

a écrit :
Landsat links at JPL have changed. Sorry to the 25 or so people a week
visiting my stale links. I have updated them:

http://www.geocities.com/jgere34/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/jgere34/world.html

You may also visit this page where you may choose your area (coordinates
of the center and size of the picture in pixels) and data source (MODIS,
15 m Landsat, 10m B&W DOI etc.) :

http://meteo.deltafox.net/landsat.html

--
Denis

R. Parce que ça rompt le cours normal de la conversation !!!
Q. Pourquoi ne faut-il pas répondre au-dessus de la question ?
Old May 9th 05, 05:53 PM
Denis

Denis a écrit :
a écrit :

Landsat links at JPL have changed. Sorry to the 25 or so people a week
visiting my stale links. I have updated them:

http://www.geocities.com/jgere34/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/jgere34/world.html

You may also visit this page where you may choose your area (coordinates
of the center and size of the picture in pixels) and data source (MODIS,
15 m Landsat, 10m B&W DOI etc.) :

http://meteo.deltafox.net/landsat.html

I forgot to say that these images are ready to use in SeeYou with
provided calibration data

Old May 10th 05, 06:31 PM
Waduino

How exactly do you add these to SeeYou? I'm running CU3.1, on evaluation for
the moment. I thought it was supposed to get the NASA imagery automajically.
I've got a Landsat 7 image, BMP, from the deltafox site but don't know how
to get it into CMR.
Thanks.
Wad.

Old May 10th 05, 11:28 PM
Denis

Waduino a écrit :
How exactly do you add these to SeeYou? I'm running CU3.1, on evaluation for
the moment. I thought it was supposed to get the NASA imagery automajically.
I've got a Landsat 7 image, BMP, from the deltafox site but don't know how
to get it into CMR.
Thanks.
Wad.

Sorry the page had been truncated and instructions were missing. It is
now corrected :
http://meteo.deltafox.net/landsat.html

Instructions for use in SeeYou :

1. Choose and get the satellite picture you want (for instance MODIS
Terra at 45°N 001°E),
2. Save it in a subdirectory of your SeeYou directory (for instance
'C:\Program Files\TeamCU\SeeYou3\maps\modis\') with the suggested name
('N4500E00100.jpg'),
3. Open the file 'SeeYou.mds' (C:\Program
Files\TeamCU\SeeYou3\SeeYou.mds) in WordPad or any text editor,
4. Add the calibration data above ('C:\Program
Files\TeamCU\SeeYou3\maps\modis\N4500E00100.jpg,0. 206824,45.560245,1.792176,44.435455,20,True,,modis N4500E00100')
5. Save SeeYou.mds file
6. Open SeeYou : the picture is available as a raster map
7. THe new file appears in SeeYou, menu Tools, Raster Maps ; modify
if necessary the priority of the map ;
8. Load only necessary .jpg files, since too much may slow SeeYou a
lot ; if needed convert .jpg files into .cmr (SeeYou, menu Tools, Raster
maps)

Old May 10th 05, 11:32 PM
Denis

Waduino a écrit :
How exactly do you add these to SeeYou? I'm running CU3.1, on evaluation for
the moment. I thought it was supposed to get the NASA imagery automajically.

only the elevation data are downloaded automatically

but you can get satellite picture from their site :
http://www.seeyou.ws/satellite.php

I've got a Landsat 7 image, BMP, from the deltafox site but don't know how
to get it into CMR.

SeeYou can work with .bmp or .jpg, or do the conversion to .CMR (menu
Tools, Raster maps, Convert)

Old May 11th 05, 02:57 AM
Waduino

OK, it's working now, but...
- the file is a jpg (I think) but when I go to save it IE only offers to
save it as a bmp
- once the file was saved, right type, right name, right place, I had to
click on "satellite images" map group for it to work. Lucky guess on my
part.

Is the LandSat imagery updated from time to time?

Merci de toute votre aide. J'ai decidé d'achèter le logiciel.
Wad.

Old May 11th 05, 09:54 PM
Denis

Waduino a écrit :
OK, it's working now, but...
- the file is a jpg (I think) but when I go to save it IE only offers to
save it as a bmp

bad browser, change browser ;-)

try Firefox ! http://www.mozilla.org/

- once the file was saved, right type, right name, right place, I had to
click on "satellite images" map group for it to work. Lucky guess on my
part.

you're right, map groups are a new feature in SeeYou 3 and I did not
update this yet...

Is the LandSat imagery updated from time to time?

No, there are from 1999 to 2003 AFAIK

Merci de toute votre aide.

De rien !