Shooting at Lockheed Martin plant.

Old July 8th 03, 05:11 PM
Gil G.

Default Shooting at Lockheed Martin plant.

Heard on Fox News: Terrible report about a shooting at a Lockheed
Martin facility near Meridian MS. Seven people are reported dead,
including the shooter. Several people are also said to be injured.
There is no apparent link to terrorism.

I will post updates on planenews.com

Gil.
Old August 12th 03, 12:13 AM
John Godwin

"Jeffrey" wrote in news:vje9mkds9doa84
@corp.supernews.com:

Also no apparent benefit to hiding under desks or behind doors.

When will people ever learn that cowering is not an adequate self-defense
measure?

ARM YOURSELF.

I know of few companies that will permit you to carry on their premises.
You must not deter the criminal from exercising their apparent right to
kill you. I wish there were a Victims Justice System.

--
John Godwin
Silicon Rallye Inc.
Old August 12th 03, 09:39 AM
Keith Willshaw

"John Godwin" wrote in message
"Jeffrey" wrote in news:vje9mkds9doa84
@corp.supernews.com:

Also no apparent benefit to hiding under desks or behind doors.

When will people ever learn that cowering is not an adequate

self-defense
measure?

ARM YOURSELF.

I know of few companies that will permit you to carry on their premises.
You must not deter the criminal from exercising their apparent right to
kill you. I wish there were a Victims Justice System.

Most of those doing the shooting in such cases are also
employees or ex employees who had no criminal background
up until the time they went postal.

Keith

Old August 12th 03, 02:52 PM
Jim Yanik

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in
:

"John Godwin" wrote in message
"Jeffrey" wrote in news:vje9mkds9doa84
@corp.supernews.com:

Also no apparent benefit to hiding under desks or behind doors.

When will people ever learn that cowering is not an adequate

self-defense
measure?

ARM YOURSELF.

I know of few companies that will permit you to carry on their premises.
You must not deter the criminal from exercising their apparent right to
kill you. I wish there were a Victims Justice System.

Most of those doing the shooting in such cases are also
employees or ex employees who had no criminal background
up until the time they went postal.

Keith

And I believe most of those types have prior histories of violence or
psychological problems.
Of course,they could have easily used a gallon of petrol and a lighter,or a
sword or large knife.

--
Jim Yanik,NRA member
remove null to contact me
Old August 12th 03, 03:11 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .
"Keith Willshaw" wrote in
:

[...]

Quite so and most employers dont like those on their premises either.

Keith

Old August 12th 03, 04:30 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Drewe Manton" wrote in message
"Keith Willshaw" waxed lyrical
:

Quite so and most employers dont like those on their premises either.

They don't? That'll explain the edgy look I get from the boss when I show
up with my Claymore then. Or perhaps it's the words "This end towards
boss" engraved on the blade?

When I worked for McDermott Engineering London our terms
and conditions were obviously lifted straight from the US
version , one clause read

"Employees shall not bring firearms onto company premises
without written permission from their immediate supervisor'
'Shotguns and other long arms may be left in a vehicle in the
parking lot'

Keith

Old August 13th 03, 04:34 AM
Jim Yanik

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in
:

"Drewe Manton" wrote in message
"Keith Willshaw" waxed lyrical
:

Quite so and most employers dont like those on their premises
either.

They don't? That'll explain the edgy look I get from the boss when I
show up with my Claymore then. Or perhaps it's the words "This end
towards boss" engraved on the blade?

When I worked for McDermott Engineering London our terms
and conditions were obviously lifted straight from the US
version , one clause read

"Employees shall not bring firearms onto company premises
without written permission from their immediate supervisor'
'Shotguns and other long arms may be left in a vehicle in the
parking lot'

Keith

So what stops a person intent on going on a killing spree? Are there armed
guards at all the entrances? Metal detectors? Maybe just a sign?

"weapon-free zone,no weapons allowed",that oughta work.Yup.

Ever notice the shooting sprees happen where it's supposed to be a "gun-
free" zone? No one will have the capability of firing back,guaranteed.

--
Jim Yanik,NRA member
remove null to contact me
Old August 13th 03, 08:20 AM
Drewe Manton

Jim Yanik waxed lyrical
:

Ever notice the shooting sprees happen where it's supposed to be a

"gun-
free" zone?

And by the same standard nearly every "shooting spree" carried out,
at least here in the UK, was carried out using legally held, properly
licensed weapons. In spite of my extreme opposition to the handgun ban
in this country, I do find that fact pretty telling.
Big fan of gun *control*, fierce opponent of gun *bans* here.

--
--------
Regards
Old August 13th 03, 03:58 PM
Jim Yanik

Drewe Manton wrote in
. 4:

Jim Yanik waxed lyrical
:

Ever notice the shooting sprees happen where it's supposed to be a

"gun-
free" zone?

And by the same standard nearly every "shooting spree" carried out,
at least here in the UK, was carried out using legally held, properly
licensed weapons. In spite of my extreme opposition to the handgun ban
in this country, I do find that fact pretty telling.
Big fan of gun *control*, fierce opponent of gun *bans* here.

That's probably because the ones who have illegal guns don't do 'shooting
sprees'. But don't the Yardies do 'drive-bys'? ISTR that they do a fair
amount of gun crime.

Your version of "gun control" is really *people* control,gun control is
hitting what you are firing at.

The authorities ever catch who killed Jill Dando,BBC commentator?

--
Jim Yanik,NRA member
remove null to contact me
Old August 13th 03, 04:18 PM
Keith Willshaw

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .
Drewe Manton wrote in
. 4:

Jim Yanik waxed lyrical
:

Ever notice the shooting sprees happen where it's supposed to be a

"gun-
free" zone?

And by the same standard nearly every "shooting spree" carried out,
at least here in the UK, was carried out using legally held, properly
licensed weapons. In spite of my extreme opposition to the handgun ban
in this country, I do find that fact pretty telling.
Big fan of gun *control*, fierce opponent of gun *bans* here.

That's probably because the ones who have illegal guns don't do 'shooting
sprees'. But don't the Yardies do 'drive-bys'? ISTR that they do a fair
amount of gun crime.

Drive by's are rather rare and make the national
headlines when they happen

Your version of "gun control" is really *people* control,gun control is
hitting what you are firing at.

The authorities ever catch who killed Jill Dando,BBC commentator?

Yep he was a loner who had been thrown out of his local
gun club and the TA (equivalent to national guard)

Keith