Global Warming The debbil made me do it

Old March 22nd 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

Default Global Warming The debbil made me do it

On Mar 21, 7:58 pm, "Dan Luke" wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in 6.130...

"Dan Luke" wrote in news:13u8i231s1cc812
@news.supernews.com:

The addition of Ben Stein opens wonderful new vistas of rightard wacko
hilarity.

I'm not sure if I have heard from him,. is he the flagellum guy?

Heh. They're *all* the flagellum guy.

Stein is a minor entertainment/media twit who is conductng a pro-ID campaign.
His latest effort is "Expelled," a movie he paid for that pretends to expose
a scientific conspiracy to suppress Intelligent Design. He's a right wing
idiot (tautology?) with money to spend on a pet project:

http://www.expelledthemovie.com/

Ben has many talents, and many dollars. If he so chooses to fund, why
is that such a threat?

Let the thoughts and arguments flow -- we don't need Grand Poobahs
declaring what we should or should not heed.

Even a liberal would concede to that?

Dan Mc
Old March 22nd 08, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Dan Luke" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Dan Luke" wrote in news:13u8i231s1cc812
@news.supernews.com:

The addition of Ben Stein opens wonderful new vistas of rightard
wacko hilarity.

I'm not sure if I have heard from him,. is he the flagellum guy?

Heh. They're *all* the flagellum guy.

Stein is a minor entertainment/media twit who is conductng a pro-ID
campaign. His latest effort is "Expelled," a movie he paid for that
pretends to expose a scientific conspiracy to suppress Intelligent
Design. He's a right wing idiot (tautology?) with money to spend on a
pet project:

http://www.expelledthemovie.com/

Ah, right. I didn't know the movie was his.

So, what's next, a conspiracy to supress the tooth fairy?

South Park is starting to look nore real than reality itself.

Bertie
Old March 22nd 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Dan wrote in
:

On Mar 21, 7:58 pm, "Dan Luke" wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in
6.130...

"Dan Luke" wrote in news:13u8i231s1cc812
@news.supernews.com:

The addition of Ben Stein opens wonderful new vistas of rightard
wacko hilarity.

I'm not sure if I have heard from him,. is he the flagellum guy?

Heh. They're *all* the flagellum guy.

Stein is a minor entertainment/media twit who is conductng a pro-ID
campaign. His latest effort is "Expelled," a movie he paid for that
pretends to expose a scientific conspiracy to suppress Intelligent
Design. He's a right wing idiot (tautology?) with money to spend on
a pet project:

http://www.expelledthemovie.com/

Ben has many talents, and many dollars. If he so chooses to fund, why
is that such a threat?

It's not a threat, fjukkwit, i's stupid and it's embracing stupidity.

Let the thoughts and arguments flow -- we don't need Grand Poobahs
declaring what we should or should not heed.

Absolutley. So why did he throw PZ meyers out of the movie?

Even a liberal would concede to that?

I'm a republican, fjukkwit.

Bertie

Old March 22nd 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Dan" wrote:

Ben has many talents, and many dollars. If he so chooses to fund, why
is that such a threat?

It isn't, really.

But it is illustrative of the current right wing impulse towards
anti-intellectualism. Stein is a good example of how modern right wing
ideology will deny any science it perceives as a threat to the party line.

Let the thoughts and arguments flow -- we don't need Grand Poobahs
declaring what we should or should not heed.

Even a liberal would concede to that?

Of course. But, once upon a time, conservatives claimed the scientific high
ground, chiding leftists for their post-modernist denials of empirical
knowledge. Now we see that when science gores right wing oxen,
"conservatives" cry conspiracy.

Old March 22nd 08, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt W. Barrow

"Dan" wrote in message

Ben has many talents, and many dollars. If he so chooses to fund, why
is that such a threat?

Let the thoughts and arguments flow -- we don't need Grand Poobahs
declaring what we should or should not heed.

If you've ever watched "Win Ben Stein's Money", you'd see what a walking
encyclopedia the guy is.

The questions on the show are not the droll crap on "Who Wants to be a
Millionaire", like "How many colors are there on an Oreo cookie?".

Old March 22nd 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 21, 8:36 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Ben has many talents, and many dollars. If he so chooses to fund, why
is that such a threat?

It's not a threat, fjukkwit, i's stupid and it's embracing stupidity.

Hang on, since when is "embracing stupidity" a concern?

Surely you've watched television sometime in the last 40 years?

I think there are hidden flaws in arguments when the contrary position
gest so incredibly lathered up over what they perceive to be "stupid."

If it's that untenable then why give it a moment's thought?

Let the thoughts and arguments flow -- we don't need Grand Poobahs
declaring what we should or should not heed.

Absolutley. So why did he throw PZ meyers out of the movie?

I don't know. I need to rent that one again...

Even a liberal would concede to that?

I'm a republican, fjukkwit.

Bertie

I was actually referring to anyone who espouses a liberal perspective.
If the shoe fits...

Dan Mc
Old March 22nd 08, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 21, 8:50 pm, "Dan Luke" wrote:

But it is illustrative of the current right wing impulse towards
anti-intellectualism. Stein is a good example of how modern right wing
ideology will deny any science it perceives as a threat to the party line.

There's a paragraph laden with broad brush accusations -- who exactly
is this "right wing?"

Of course. But, once upon a time, conservatives claimed the scientific high
ground, chiding leftists for their post-modernist denials of empirical
knowledge. Now we see that when science gores right wing oxen,
"conservatives" cry conspiracy.

"Science" has been no friend to conservatives or liberals for a very,
very long time. I'd like to know when this golden era passed wherein
conservatives and scientists lay down as peacefully as lions and
lambs...

If by "science" you mean the academy writ large, certainly you live in
a dream world if you think that ivory tower is free of bias.

Dan Mc