A Call to Arms from Richard VanGrunsven

Old March 10th 08, 01:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Default A Call to Arms from Richard VanGrunsven

Blueskies wrote:

"Ron Lee" wrote in message
Acepilot wrote:

What is a "Pro Built"? I would take it to mean that an experimental
"kit" was built by somebody like Cessna or Piper, etc. As an amateur
builder, am I a "novice" when I complete it? Will I turn pro after I
finish a second one? I'd tend to say that an airplane built by Joe
Blow for somebody else is still amateur built, but the owner who
applies for the repairman certificate should not be able to get it if
they themselves did not build 51%.

Scott

"pro built" in my message means that you pay someone to build it.

Ron Lee

Why should this not be allowed? This is a free country, maybe...

It is allowed. They jet have to get it certified.
Old March 10th 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

cavelamb himself wrote:

Wouldn't you love to see the RV-6 as a certified airplane!

Sure. It would cost $300K though.
Old March 10th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

WJRFlyBoy wrote:

Cessna goes to China to get the Skyscraper at a reasonable price. Yet we
have USA built planes off better value that are restricted from my purchase
because I can't flip fiberglass?

Here's the problem. You can buy a completely built EXP-HB completely
legally. You just can't buy it from someone that didn't build it for
"Recreation and Education."

Old March 10th 08, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

WingFlaps wrote:
On Mar 8, 5:36 am, Gig 601XL Builder
wrote:

He got his money back in the deal after his lawyer made it very clear
that there would either be a wire in the buyers account that day or a
call would be made to the FAA.- Hide quoted text -

Isn't that blackmail?

Cheers

Yes, it is. But then so is your average plea bargain.
Old March 10th 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Jim Logajan wrote:
The FAA is about to make it a whole hell of a lot harder for people to
build safe amateur built aircraft. Richard VanGrunsven, founder of one of
the most successful kit aircraft companies, has written up a warning and a
call to arms about the issue. You can read it beginning on page 3 of this
document:

http://doc.vansaircraft.com/RVator/2...008-RVator.pdf

Well, Jim,

Looks like your "call to arms" call backfired on ya...
Old March 10th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

cavelamb himself wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote:
The FAA is about to make it a whole hell of a lot harder for people
to build safe amateur built aircraft. Richard VanGrunsven, founder of
one of the most successful kit aircraft companies, has written up a
warning and a call to arms about the issue. You can read it beginning
on page 3 of this document:

http://doc.vansaircraft.com/RVator/2...008-RVator.pdf

Well, Jim,

Looks like your "call to arms" call backfired on ya...

_My_ call to arms? Huh??

If Richard VanGrunsven's call to arms backfired, it may be because people
no longer actually read what is written. They can't even get attributions
correct. So if they can't figure out who originated a call to arms, I guess
it is not surprising they get a clean miss on the central thesis.
Old March 10th 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Jim Logajan wrote:

cavelamb himself wrote:

Jim Logajan wrote:

The FAA is about to make it a whole hell of a lot harder for people
to build safe amateur built aircraft. Richard VanGrunsven, founder of
one of the most successful kit aircraft companies, has written up a
warning and a call to arms about the issue. You can read it beginning
on page 3 of this document:

http://doc.vansaircraft.com/RVator/2...008-RVator.pdf

Well, Jim,

Looks like your "call to arms" call backfired on ya...

_My_ call to arms? Huh??

If Richard VanGrunsven's call to arms backfired, it may be because people
no longer actually read what is written. They can't even get attributions
correct. So if they can't figure out who originated a call to arms, I guess
it is not surprising they get a clean miss on the central thesis.

YOU brought it in here...

But I guess WE are all wrong - for disagreeing?

Pffft...
Old March 10th 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Gig 601XL Builder wrote in news:13taf5pnhte4u44
@news.supernews.com:
Ok, what rights do I lose and why do I lose them?

the origianl builder is the manufacturer. He can effect any maintenance
or repeair on the airplane he likes...You buy it , you can't.

That's not exactly right Bertie. You can work on the plane, anyone can,
what you can't do is sign off the annual inspection.

OK, my bad.

Bertie

A Call to Arms from Richard VanGrunsven Jim Logajan Piloting 181 May 1st 08 03:14 AM
Flew home and boy are my arms tired! Steve Schneider Owning 11 September 5th 07 12:16 AM
ASW-19 Moment Arms jcarlyle Soaring 9 January 30th 06 10:52 PM
[!] Russian Arms software sale Naval Aviation 0 December 18th 04 05:51 PM
Dick VanGrunsven commutes to aviation Fitzair4 Home Built 2 August 12th 04 11:19 PM