Things to remember in very hot weather

Old July 3rd 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Michael Ash

Default Things to remember in very hot weather

In rec.aviation.student Mxsmanic wrote:
I've heard all the pep talks. Try it sometime. Nobody spends more time
considering my situation than I do, but I still have not found any promising
solutions.

I know you didn't ask for advice, and you probably won't listen, but what
the heck....

Get out of Paris. I haven't lived in Paris but I've lived in the area and
I know it's a bad place to be poor and out of work. You say you like it
there, but you also say that money is important for you. Paris is
expensive and not friendly to job hunters, so you ought to escape. Leave
France, for that matter; it's tough enough for a French person to find
work, let alone foreigners.

Come back to the US, find a job here, and use the money to visit France as
much as you wish or are able to. You won't be in Paris, but you'll have a
much nicer life in other respects. Even with the current crappy exchange
rate, if you make visiting France your main hobby you won't spend an
exceptionally large amount of money.

I used to be poor in France. It was great, but not having money was no
fun. Now I work full time in the US. I miss France sometimes, but the
extra money more than makes up for it. I can go back any time I feel like
it, after all.

This is, of course, just my unsolicited opinion. Take it for what it's
worth.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth
Old July 3rd 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Michael Ash writes:

Get out of Paris. I haven't lived in Paris but I've lived in the area and
I know it's a bad place to be poor and out of work. You say you like it
there, but you also say that money is important for you.

One of the reasons for having money is so that you can live where you want.
Visiting Paris or moving to Paris is much more expensive than living in Paris,
so if you have no money and you are in Paris, it's logical to remain there, as
you might never be able to afford to move there or visit there.

Paris is expensive and not friendly to job hunters, so you ought to escape.
Leave France, for that matter; it's tough enough for a French person to find
work, let alone foreigners.

What you say is true, but most other cities are dumps. I didn't select Paris
at random.

Come back to the US, find a job here, and use the money to visit France as
much as you wish or are able to.

That is not cost-effective. A year in Paris as a tourist costs about
$120,000; as a resident, it can cost only %10-%20 of that. That's why I moved
to Paris in the first place.

You won't be in Paris, but you'll have a much nicer life in other respects.

What other respects? Living in some dump city 90% of the year? That doesn't
make sense.

Even with the current crappy exchange
rate, if you make visiting France your main hobby you won't spend an
exceptionally large amount of money.

After twenty years, I would have spent about six months in Paris. If I live
in the city, I can do that in ... six months.

I used to be poor in France. It was great, but not having money was no
fun. Now I work full time in the US. I miss France sometimes, but the
extra money more than makes up for it. I can go back any time I feel like
it, after all.

And what city do you live in? Cleveland?
Old July 3rd 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Rocky Stevens writes:

Real quick post, as I am about out the door, but I would recommend
looking at rentacoder.com. The money ain't great, since you are
competing against Bangalore and the U.S.dollar is in the tank, but it
is something. The biggest complaint of customers on that site is
vendors' lack of attention to detail, so you would offer a competitive
edge. Plus there is very little real human interaction, so the
introvert thing shouldn't pose much of a problem.

An interesting concept, and I'll look at it, although I suspect it requires
infrastructure that I do not have.
Old July 3rd 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting

In rec.aviation.piloting Mxsmanic wrote:
terry writes:

Why am I not surprised at your response. I knew when I posted this
that if you did respond with reasons, they would all be someone else's
fault.

Obviously, if they were my fault, I could correct them. But I cannot change
my name, my ethnicity, my history, etc.

Oh yeah, the world has it in for white males...

As for your history, how many convictions do you have?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old July 3rd 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting

Michael Ash writes:

Get out of Paris. I haven't lived in Paris but I've lived in the area and
I know it's a bad place to be poor and out of work. You say you like it
there, but you also say that money is important for you.

One of the reasons for having money is so that you can live where you want.
Visiting Paris or moving to Paris is much more expensive than living in Paris,
so if you have no money and you are in Paris, it's logical to remain there, as
you might never be able to afford to move there or visit there.

Paris is expensive and not friendly to job hunters, so you ought to escape.
Leave France, for that matter; it's tough enough for a French person to find
work, let alone foreigners.

What you say is true, but most other cities are dumps. I didn't select Paris
at random.

Was it perhaps because they don't extradite for the offence or recognize the
court you are in trouble with?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old July 3rd 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

writes:

Oh yeah, the world has it in for white males...

No, but foreigners are not well liked.
Old July 3rd 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

The IT market in the developed world has dramatically changed.

There's one I won't argue with.

I will point out an apparent contradiction. You often speak of the
sacrifices that pilots must endure in order to enjoy their hobby, yet you
completely disregard the sacrafices you are willing to make because you
don't want to live in the USA.

Deadlines to remember Gilan Home Built 5 July 5th 06 09:28 PM
Remember to tip your ... pilot? Brien K. Meehan Piloting 10 February 4th 06 03:25 PM
Remember when? Billposter Naval Aviation 21 August 22nd 05 09:22 PM
Tasha. Anyone remember her? Mike Anselmo Naval Aviation 2 February 15th 04 03:28 PM
And they say the automated Weather Station problems "ASOS" are insignificant because only light aircraft need Weather Observations and forecasts... Roy Piloting 4 July 12th 03 04:03 PM