GAO Report: GA Security Threat

Old November 24th 03, 03:27 AM
Peter Gottlieb

"Fr. John Elledge" wrote in message
That, while true, is irrelevant. The important message is STOP IT!

I guess it's a "slow news day."

Old November 24th 03, 07:48 AM
Thomas Borchert

Ian,

Well, hell, Thomas, there's no proof that YOU exist . . !

Yeah, but no one would start a war over my non-existance and kill a lot
of people.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 24th 03, 03:13 PM
Fr. John Elledge

We could pick on Michael Jackson. He did fly home in a private plane. Is
that on topic?

t...

Old November 24th 03, 11:04 PM
Roger Halstead

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 21:05:44 -0600, Big John
wrote:

Rich

Get off the soap box with that troll.

Saddam shot at our aircraft almost every day when they flew in the
Iraq 'no fly' zone imposed after he was kicked out of Kuait. If
someone keeps shooting at you what do you do ??? turn the other cheek
and pass air?

It was well document by both Iraq and the UN that he had WMD in the
years prior to the current war. He would not let the UN confirm he had
destroyed them so one must conclude he still had some/all of them. He
had used some in country (Kurds) and also in the War with Iran so
every one knew he had.

There were stories in the news as well as several programs that showed
the results of his use of WMD in the north on the ethnic groups who
oppose him.

He may have been shooting his mouth off about quanity but what he was
threatening his neighbors with warrented a change of govenment.

And the Iranians lost how many troops along the border? I don't
remember the number it was a lot.

I have gotten a number of reports from the 'troops' through my
military channels and via military friends. Next one I get may try to
cut and paste to bring up on thread for those who live by the bar and
5 o'clock follies.

Then there were the tremendous casualties Iran suffered along the
border and their deaths appeared to be much like the ones in the
north.

It's as simple as "He had 'em, he used 'em, and now we can't find
them."

For those who think finding WMD should be easy, they should note the
Migs that were unearthed near the one air base.

It should be noted, we did not find those planes. The only reason we
became aware of them was the shifting sands of the desert which
uncovered the tail fins.

A few should stop and ask themselves, "If we can't find several of the
largest fighter planes in the world buried within a couple miles of
the air bases, how in the world are we going to find items that are
far easier to hide?"

It's "my understanding", although Iraq has oil fields they are small
potatoes compared to the rest of the region. They are not a large oil
producing nation.

You'll have to fix the return add due to dumb virus checkers, not spam
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair?)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Big John

Old November 24th 03, 11:08 PM
Model Flyer

"Blueskies" wrote in message
gy.com...
"Kevin Horton" wrote in message

news
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 09:22:17 -0700, Mark Hickey wrote:

"Holger Stephan" wrote:

Canada was quite divided, but the majority was against the war.

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/...29.uchre0329/B
NStory/National

The vast majority of Mexicans opposed the war.

http://www.iraqcrisisbulletin.com/ar.../mexican_anti-
war_sentiment.html

and many here in the good ol' US of A opposed it also...

Governments frequently ignore the will of the majority and act to the
advantage of that often misunderstood rich minority.
--
---
Cheers,

Old November 24th 03, 11:53 PM
Frank Stutzman

Roger Halstead wrote:

A few should stop and ask themselves, "If we can't find several of the
largest fighter planes in the world buried within a couple miles of
the air bases, how in the world are we going to find items that are
far easier to hide?"

Uhh, were we or the UN ever actively *searching* for MIGs?

Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"
Hood River, OR

Old November 25th 03, 12:42 AM
Big John

Roger

One correction

Iraq has the 2nd or 3rd largest oil fields found to date in the world.

If he had kept Kuwait. he would have been #2 just behind Saudi.

Big John

Old November 25th 03, 11:00 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

Email to Ian Graeme bounced (of course).

I replied in

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...&output=gplain

where this subject is NOT off-topic.

--