DAVIS DA - 8

Old November 29th 04, 06:54 AM
Sbtypesetter

Default DAVIS DA - 8

About a dozen years ago I had several phone conversations with
Lleon Davis. He sent me some literature and an 8 x 10 of the
(DA -8?) TX-1. The plane has been built but Lleon offers no
plans for the plane. Has anyone heard of someone who has bought
this plane and will be offering plans for it? Lleon said it was a
possibility.
I sold my plane a number of years back. I'm now faced with a
3 1/2 hour commute. Won't be every day and will only last a year
or two but I'm enticed about getting another plane and this time
building it myself. The DA-2 is nice but the DA-7 or DA-8 is
quite the ticket.

-Rick
Old November 29th 04, 11:35 AM
Morgans

"Sbtypesetter" wrote

I'm now faced with a
3 1/2 hour commute. Won't be every day and will only last a year
or two but I'm enticed about getting another plane and this time
building it myself. The DA-2 is nice but the DA-7 or DA-8 is
quite the ticket.

-Rick

So, do you think you could build one in less than a year or two, even if you
had the plan? Most take longer than two years to build a plane.

The old saying goes, if you want to fly, buy; if you want to build, build.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old August 4th 05, 06:49 PM
fixitflyit fixitflyit is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbtypesetter
About a dozen years ago I had several phone conversations with
Lleon Davis. He sent me some literature and an 8 x 10 of the
(DA -8?) TX-1. The plane has been built but Lleon offers no
plans for the plane. Has anyone heard of someone who has bought
this plane and will be offering plans for it? Lleon said it was a
possibility.
I sold my plane a number of years back. I'm now faced with a
3 1/2 hour commute. Won't be every day and will only last a year
or two but I'm enticed about getting another plane and this time
building it myself. The DA-2 is nice but the DA-7 or DA-8 is
quite the ticket.

-Rick
Rick, I used to own N80157 (The Davis DA-8) about a year ago and would be happy to talk with you about it.
Brad Moffett 254-859-5401
Old August 4th 05, 11:16 PM
Richard Lamb

Jim Asked:

So, do you think you could build one in less than a year or two, even
if you
had the plan? Most take longer than two years to build a plane.

The old saying goes, if you want to fly, buy; if you want to build,
build.
--
Jim in NC

Yeah, Jim, I think I could build one in less than a year.
That's one of the things Leon is really good at... Simplified
construction.

And the DA-8 was _intended_ for production (by Leon, anyway).
It would be an interesting LSA offering today...

Richard

Old August 5th 05, 03:25 AM
Morgans

DA-2 is nice but the DA-7 or DA-8 is
quite the ticket.

Anyone got a website for Leon Davis's airplanes?
--
Jim in NC
Old August 5th 05, 03:27 AM
Morgans

"Richard Lamb" wrote

Jim Asked:

So, do you think you could build one in less than a year or two, even
if you
had the plan? Most take longer than two years to build a plane.

The old saying goes, if you want to fly, buy; if you want to build,
build.
--
Jim in NC

Whoa, here. I don't have the slightest idea how my name got associated with
this post! Not that it is bad, but I didn't write it.
--
Jim in NC

Old August 5th 05, 03:28 AM
W P Dixon

I saw a pic of one on a website and it was really nice, would not building
one myself! I'll see if I can find it again Jim. By the way I have not heard
anything from the fellow down there about flying? Don't know what happened
to him.

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

Old August 5th 05, 03:35 AM
W P Dixon

Would not mind building one that is, I found a pic of the -2 at
http://www.aerofiles.com/davis-DA2.jpg, there was alittle info on the -8 but
not much.

Old August 5th 05, 04:54 AM
Darrel Toepfer

Morgans wrote:

Anyone got a website for Leon Davis's airplanes?

DAVIS DA5 • $4,500 • PRICE REDUCED • Davis DA5 project 95% parts built
70% complete. Flawless workmanship. Serious inquiries only please. •
Contact Ronald D. Wallin - located Midland, TX USA • Telephone:
1-432-689-7910 • Posted July 31, 2005
http://barnstormers.com/listing.php?...h&user=alchemy

http://www.airbum.com/photos/DavisDA-2AandDA-5.jpg
http://www.eaa.org/benefits/sportavi...ycled_0309.pdf

Old August 6th 05, 01:15 AM
Richard Lamb

I'd have to pass on the -5. Cute plane but barely big enough to use as

house slippers (Leon is a itty bitty dude).

But the article on the DA-2 was cool. Thanks for the link.
There was a -2 project floating around here a few years back but
it seems to have disappeared. Too bad. I can actually FIT in the -2.

Richard

Leon Davis DA-11 Rob Fonhof Home Built 4 November 27th 03 02:35 AM
Soaring vs. Flapping patrick timony Home Built 43 October 5th 03 06:31 AM