want to design/built my own plane

Old January 23rd 06, 02:51 PM
Chris Wells Chris Wells is offline
Senior Member

Want to fly cheap, and have more fun than the "real" pilots?

Hang glide.

1-800-HANG-GLIDE
Old January 23rd 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default want to design/built my own plane

Chris Wells wrote:

Want to fly cheap, and have more fun than the "real" pilots?

Hang glide.

1-800-HANG-GLIDE

on that thought...

Anybody have plans for the old Icarus hang glider
that they might part with?

The tail-less swept wing biplane ?

Or better yet, a complete airframe?

Richard
Old January 24th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"Richard Lamb" wrote in message
nk.net...
Chris Wells wrote:

Want to fly cheap, and have more fun than the "real" pilots?

Hang glide.

1-800-HANG-GLIDE

on that thought...

Anybody have plans for the old Icarus hang glider
that they might part with?

The tail-less swept wing biplane ?

Or better yet, a complete airframe?

Richard

IIRC, the Easy Riser kit just went back into production. You might search
the 'Oz Report'. I think that's where I saw it.

Realistically, buying a modern single-surface flex wing would probably be a
better choice for someone who wants to fly cheap and easy. Better
performance, more convenient, and instruction is available.

Tim Ward

Old January 24th 06, 06:16 AM
Chris Wells Chris Wells is offline
Senior Member

The Easy Riser is indeed in production. John Moody is taking care of business for Larry Mauro. His email is

I'm thinking of getting one myself. No powerplant or undercarriage options are available yet, but help is readily available. If I get an Easy Riser I'll definitely have both.
Old January 25th 06, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

--
Chris Wells

hmmm, aside from not having anyplace to launch. how are these cheaper?

hang gliders $3-5K
affordaplane $3-5K
legal Eagle $2300 plus vw engine and prop

Old January 25th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Have you seen the Legal Eagle and Double Eagle plans? Literally the
WORSE I have ever seen. They look like Jethro Bodine did them in crayon
and the spelling is WORSE. They are on copy paper. Anybody want a set,
I traded a guy a Montecristo #4 cigar for the plans and you are welcome
to them.

Old January 25th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"Tater Schuld" wrote

hmmm, aside from not having anyplace to launch. how are these cheaper?

affordaplane $3-5K

Ph, tader shouldn't, how many of those are flying? How much was the final
cost, and what was the performance?
--
Jim in NC

Old January 25th 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Tater Schuld" wrote

hmmm, aside from not having anyplace to launch. how are these cheaper?

affordaplane $3-5K

Ph, tader shouldn't, how many of those are flying? How much was the final
cost, and what was the performance?
--
Jim in NC

no idea, hence the original reason for this thread.

Old January 25th 06, 06:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"Percival L Mincer" wrote in message
ups.com...
Have you seen the Legal Eagle and Double Eagle plans? Literally the
WORSE I have ever seen. They look like Jethro Bodine did them in crayon
and the spelling is WORSE. They are on copy paper. Anybody want a set,
I traded a guy a Montecristo #4 cigar for the plans and you are welcome
to them.

yes I am interested, soley to see what the plans are like. bad plans usualy
need a good engineer to fix them.

I sent you a private email. reply with what you want for shipping and how
you want payment. I think i can get a few #4 cigars but no idea how USPS
will treat them

Old January 25th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"Tater Schuld" wrote in message

"Chris Wells" wrote in

message

Want to fly cheap, and have more fun than the "real" pilots?

Hang glide.

1-800-HANG-GLIDE
--
Chris Wells

hmmm, aside from not having anyplace to launch. how are these cheaper?

hang gliders $3-5K
affordaplane $3-5K
legal Eagle $2300 plus vw engine and prop

Well, it's a little-known secret, but I guess I can tell you...
You don't have to buy a new hang glider.
A nice single-surface glider like a Falcon can be had for a thousand to
fifteen hundred bucks, used.
For boating around and having a good time, they're hard to beat.