Why the boneyard?

Old April 22nd 11, 07:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default Why the boneyard?

Why are all those planes, which at leat to me look like they'll never fly again,
sent out into the desert to sit instead of just being hacked up for scrap metal?
I hate to see that happen to any old airplane that's given its best, but it
seems to be a big expense to store them like that. Or do they really consider
them "in reserve" in case they're ever needed again? I can't imagine what it
would cost to try to get them airworthy.
Old April 22nd 11, 08:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

Most are not scrapped.
Not yet anyway.
They can be returned to service and are used for spare parts.
Actually, they save a lot of money by having them stored than having to go
to the company and get spare parts.

I have an Online magazine about to go public that actually explains this in
better detail (with pickies) At this stage though, it's onluy available for
iPad, iPhone. but it will be available on Android soon as well.

Just have one freaking small issue I need to sort out with getting apple to
let me put it online. To many rules, and no service.