LS-3A Parts Needed

Old December 18th 19, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default LS-3A Parts Needed

Our club is in need of LS-3A fuselage control parts. We have a damaged LS-3A fuselage for a rebuild project that was damaged in a hurricane. Sad news is that several fuselage parts were removed and lost. If there is a LS-3A fuselage out there please let me know. Bob, Treasure Coast Soaring Club
Old December 18th 19, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

We made one out of two, a few years back.........believe we still have most cockpit controls, some gear parts, etc Email me exact requirements and I’ll take a look in the barn. ............any/all for the cost of shipping!
JJ
Old December 19th 19, 04:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 3:37:12 PM UTC-6, wrote:
We made one out of two, a few years back.........believe we still have most cockpit controls, some gear parts, etc Email me exact requirements and I’ll take a look in the barn. ............any/all for the cost of shipping!
JJ

When you go to the barn, JJ, mind looking for any LS6 cockpit parts you might have?

Steve Leonard
Old December 19th 19, 07:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 1:37:12 PM UTC-8, wrote:
We made one out of two, a few years back...

I remember that ship. As I recall, it has a horizontal stabilizer you spliced together out of two right halves, since it turned out that the section is symmetrical. Or maybe left halves.

--Bob K.

Old December 19th 19, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 4:37:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
We made one out of two, a few years back.........believe we still have most cockpit controls, some gear parts, etc Email me exact requirements and I’ll take a look in the barn. ............any/all for the cost of shipping!
JJ

Thank you very much, I will get the bird out of the trailer and take a look at what is missing and then list what we need. After the hurricane damage someone took several components out of the cockpit and they are not to be found, any assistance is greatly appreciated. Bob
Old December 19th 19, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

There is an LS-4 up for salvage bid here in Phoenix. Are any of these parts useful to you?

Boggs

Old December 19th 19, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

After an accident people assume the ship is totaled and are capable of doing some incredibly stupid things. We got a Cirrus that someone had hack-sawed the aileron push-rod into, right next to quick release fitting! Then there was the G-103 that ground-looped which bent the aft carry-through bar, this put the wing attach fittings in a bind and the wings wouldn’t come off! Club members used a pry-bar on the release fittings...................that little bit of stupidity really did total the bird!
JJ
Old December 19th 19, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 9:33:40 AM UTC-5, wrote:
After an accident people assume the ship is totaled and are capable of doing some incredibly stupid things. We got a Cirrus that someone had hack-sawed the aileron push-rod into, right next to quick release fitting! Then there was the G-103 that ground-looped which bent the aft carry-through bar, this put the wing attach fittings in a bind and the wings wouldn’t come off! Club members used a pry-bar on the release fittings...................that little bit of stupidity really did total the bird!
JJ

We bought a 1-26 that was declared a total loss because the salvage guys, there to collect a Blanik, tried to drill the main pins out of the 1-26 that was next to it! They were not even at the right ship.
You can not think this stuff up.
UH
Old December 23rd 19, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 8:08:43 AM UTC-6, Waveguru wrote:
There is an LS-4 up for salvage bid here in Phoenix. Are any of these parts useful to you?

Boggs

Looks like that salvage yard also has a Discus...

Steve Leonard
Old December 23rd 19, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 7:26:35 AM UTC-5, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 4:37:12 PM UTC-5, wrote:
We made one out of two, a few years back.........believe we still have most cockpit controls, some gear parts, etc Email me exact requirements and I’ll take a look in the barn. ............any/all for the cost of shipping!
JJ

Thank you very much, I will get the bird out of the trailer and take a look at what is missing and then list what we need. After the hurricane damage someone took several components out of the cockpit and they are not to be found, any assistance is greatly appreciated. Bob

We do need a rudder, a canopy would be nice and the control linkages that connect to the stick. I have had some replies, and thank you very much. We want to get this bird in great condition again for our youth program. Bob

RV-3 Kit/Parts Needed Deb Home Built 2 May 28th 09 02:26 AM
Pik-20 Parts needed WAVEGURU Soaring 1 October 23rd 07 11:39 PM
Schweizer 1-34 Parts Needed Ken Sorenson Soaring 0 May 8th 06 06:29 PM
USA: ASK-21 parts needed Pete Brown Soaring 0 June 16th 05 06:26 AM
Parts Needed Jim Phoenix Soaring 0 September 17th 03 03:27 AM