A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Lak 12 Disassembly

Old December 21st 19, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Lak 12 Disassembly

I am helping an estate decide what to do with a LAK 12. I would like to disassemble the ship and trailer it to our club hangar so we can inspect and assess the overall condition of the ship. We don't have a flight manual for the ship and I am somewhat baffled by the attachment of the 2 piece horizontal stabilizer. Can someone tell me how to remove the horizontal stab on this ship?

Thanks,

Paul
Old December 22nd 19, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 4:46:21 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I am helping an estate decide what to do with a LAK 12. I would like to disassemble the ship and trailer it to our club hangar so we can inspect and assess the overall condition of the ship. We don't have a flight manual for the ship and I am somewhat baffled by the attachment of the 2 piece horizontal stabilizer. Can someone tell me how to remove the horizontal stab on this ship?

Thanks,

Paul

Sawzall?

I think one half has a stub that sticks through, and the other side slides onto that stub. There will be a removable pin that goes through the half you remove first. They slide off spanwise.

Steve Leonard
Old December 22nd 19, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 5:07:14 PM UTC-6, Steve Leonard wrote:

Thanks,

Paul

Sawzall?

I think one half has a stub that sticks through, and the other side slides onto that stub. There will be a removable pin that goes through the half you remove first. They slide off spanwise.

Steve Leonard

In all seriousness, Check he

http://lak.aviaserv.com/failai/LAK12%20TD.pdf

Looks like a pin inserts through the leading edge of the stabilizer. Page 16 of the pdf, page 15 of the document.

Good Luck.

Steve Leonard
Old December 22nd 19, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Thanks,

Paul

Perfect! Thanks!
Old December 22nd 19, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley
external usenet poster

On Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 3:46:21 PM UTC-7, wrote:

Thanks,

Paul

You may also join and ask any questions at https://groups.io/g/lak12

Frank Whiteley

Old December 22nd 19, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec
external usenet poster

Nice to see such a comprehensive manual for a change.