Hangar & PortAPort Ground Rent

Old September 26th 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

Default Hangar & PortAPort Ground Rent

The local airport authority (county) wants a pretty hefty chunk of change
increase in the ground rental for our personally owned PortAPort hangars as
well as a goodly increase in the county owned permanent T-hangars at GOO.

If you are in a hangar (especially a personally owned portaport type hangar)
please post back with monthly ground rental or hangar rental, approximate
size of the city/town the airport is located, any amenities (water, potty,
power, etc.) that come along with the rent, and anything else that will let
me have some data foundation for an answer to the airport manager's
assertion that the increase is justified.

Thanks ...

Jim

Old September 26th 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Natalie

RST Engineering wrote:

If you are in a hangar (especially a personally owned portaport type hangar)
please post back with monthly ground rental or hangar rental, approximate
size of the city/town the airport is located, any amenities (water, potty,
power, etc.) that come along with the rent, and anything else that will let
me have some data foundation for an answer to the airport manager's
assertion that the increase is justified.

We are paying $200/mo for a hangar about an hour from DC with free
electricity. It's a 44x 40 or so T hangar I think (navion goes in
with a few feet to spare).

The comparable ones closer in run about $400-450 (if you can get one).
Old September 26th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross Richardson[_2_]

RST Engineering wrote:
The local airport authority (county) wants a pretty hefty chunk of change
increase in the ground rental for our personally owned PortAPort hangars as
well as a goodly increase in the county owned permanent T-hangars at GOO.

If you are in a hangar (especially a personally owned portaport type hangar)
please post back with monthly ground rental or hangar rental, approximate
size of the city/town the airport is located, any amenities (water, potty,
power, etc.) that come along with the rent, and anything else that will let
me have some data foundation for an answer to the airport manager's
assertion that the increase is justified.

Thanks ...

Jim

In North Central TX about 60 miles north of Dallas
Regular T-hangar with rolling doors
$205/month
Free electricity
Limited quanity but more to be built. $UNK for new ones
Free wash area available (but bring your own equipment)
Town is ~35K with a bordering town of ~25K
We also have a county airport (ex military) with ILS, etc near by

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP

Old September 26th 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
houstondan

250$/month northwest suburban/rural houston. probably going up soon.

t-hanger with elect. common wash areas in a full service class D.

kdwh david wayne hooks. good place

dan

Old September 26th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Noel

In article ,
"RST Engineering" wrote:

The local airport authority (county) wants a pretty hefty chunk of change
increase in the ground rental for our personally owned PortAPort hangars as
well as a goodly increase in the county owned permanent T-hangars at GOO.

If you are in a hangar (especially a personally owned portaport type hangar)
please post back with monthly ground rental or hangar rental, approximate
size of the city/town the airport is located, any amenities (water, potty,
power, etc.) that come along with the rent, and anything else that will let
me have some data foundation for an answer to the airport manager's
assertion that the increase is justified.

Thanks ...

Jim

Massport, being customer focused, does NOT allow the portaport type hangars

At KBED (Bedford, MA) T-Hangar Rates

(Effective September 1, 2006)
A Row $413.00 per month
B & C Row $466.00 per month
D, E, F, H & J Row $606.00 per month
G 1-7 Row $1,320.00 per month
G 8* $1,515.00 per month
*Plus Utilities

(A row was $208/month in April 2003, J row was $359/month)

1 15 amp circuit is provided in each hangar.
A, B, & C have manual sliding doors
the others have electric bi-fold doors
D - J row are just big enough for a small twin (e.g., aztec)
G row is big enough for Malibus, etc

No water. A port-a-potty is "provided"
The tarmac is front of J row hangars is generously graded
to collect water dripping off the roof so that in the winter
there is a wide swath of ice in front of, under, and inside the door.

fwiw - I left my hangar 30 August - It just wasn't worth the almost
$7300 per year.

good luck

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old September 27th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ronnie

KGTU, Georgetown, TX, 30 miles north of Austin, TX

$157.50 for older T-hangar with bi-fold electric door and
electricity in the hangar. Asphalt parking pad, the rest of
floot is dirt / gravel.

$235/mon for the newere, nicer T-hangars, concrete floor
same doors and utilities.

Restrooms are located at the end of most rows of hangars
and at the terminal building.

Ronnie

Old September 27th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Kyle Boatright

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
The local airport authority (county) wants a pretty hefty chunk of change
increase in the ground rental for our personally owned PortAPort hangars
as well as a goodly increase in the county owned permanent T-hangars at
GOO.

If you are in a hangar (especially a personally owned portaport type
hangar) please post back with monthly ground rental or hangar rental,
approximate size of the city/town the airport is located, any amenities
(water, potty, power, etc.) that come along with the rent, and anything
else that will let me have some data foundation for an answer to the
airport manager's assertion that the increase is justified.

Thanks ...

Jim

Cartersville, GA. 35 miles NW of Atlanta/Hartsfield. Rural area. Local
town has 8,000 residents.

$200/month for small T-hangar (twins won't fit due to wingspan, not tall
enough for a Hangar lift). No electricity. Bathroom at FBO 300 yards away.
No parking near hangars.

KB

Old September 27th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

$280/mo for unheated T-hangar with concrete floor, manual sliding doors,
with 115 VAC (no extra util. charge). Heated restrooms are a couple of rows
over. Wash rack is available (and they even provide a hose). This is at
KPAE in Everett, WA. It's generally the most convenient "major reliever"
airport serving north King and Snohomish counties, including North Seattle
and northern suburbs, (KPAE is also the site of the Boeing 747/777
manufacturing facility.)

-Elliott Drucker
Old September 27th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601XL Builder

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
The local airport authority (county) wants a pretty hefty chunk of change
increase in the ground rental for our personally owned PortAPort hangars
as well as a goodly increase in the county owned permanent T-hangars at
GOO.

If you are in a hangar (especially a personally owned portaport type
hangar) please post back with monthly ground rental or hangar rental,
approximate size of the city/town the airport is located, any amenities
(water, potty, power, etc.) that come along with the rent, and anything
else that will let me have some data foundation for an answer to the
airport manager's assertion that the increase is justified.

Thanks ...

Jim

El Dorado AR ELD. City population 20,000. Ground lease for a personally
owned 40x50 hanger $465/yr.