Pilots Uniform -2

Old November 28th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Pilots Uniform -2

General Aviation Almost went up in smoke forever on 9-11 This is
serious. If we want to be able to fly in our own aircraft, to/from
major airports ( even smaller airports) then we MUST retain the
RESPECT and CREDIBILITY to / of the non-flying public.

Another (contrived??) 'terrorist' attack The above Non-flying
public may demand that GA be shut down and I can assure you the
airlines will be screaming the loudest and kicking GA the
hardest.

We need the Non flying public on our side.

I myself have over 10 K hours, flying since 1973, Beech 18's, DC-3
DC-4, DC-6 DC-7B
DC-8's Convair 440's and 580's

Quite frankly, I am proud of my accomplishments: I feel shame when I
see LOOOOSERS showing up at some major airport FBO crawling out of a
Cessna or Piper, looking like they just we're convicted of a DUI.
Dressed like TRASH

Real dirt bags that have NO respect for themselves, their ratings
trying to look 'GRADE SCHOOL' 'cool' like they 'don't care'

Well let me tell you, it only takes one of this type of JERKOFF at a
Major FBO lobby to do incredible damage to GA in the mind of NON
flying VOTERS!

I fly 450 hrs per year for my business and I am in uniform when I fly.
Four Gold stripes the works. and guess what it commands respect.
Quick turns!!! and ALWAYS... get it ALWAYS an airport car to use.

The 'joe cool' JERKOFF ?? a taxi or walking! Who is going to trust
the pilot with ' DUI ' look with a FBO / or one of the employees
personal car would YOU???

Who is going to think it's SAFE / TRUST to allow the 'DUI' trash
look pilot to fly in / to the SAME airport, airspace as Grandma or
their children???

Today FBO lobbies are FULL of non flying people waiting for/ picking
up charters, fractional corporate ownership: PERCEPTION IS
EVERYTHING!

Flying for the most part even today is somewhat 'awe' to the non
flying public it is not ho -hum to them still holds excitement they
EXPECT to see 'pro's at airports not JERKOFFS!

comments???

by the way, My father was a Truck Driver in the 1950's /1960's
1970's As a Kid I went with him every summer over the road.

NEVER ONCE did I see my Father looking un kept or unshaved on the
road. He wore a clean 'uniform ' every day (Dickies)
I can remember many a time my father (and other truckers) pulling his
truck over to the side of the road in the early morning, clean up
and SHAVE at some creek or river.

I NEVER once saw another 'over the road' truck driver during that
time period looking like Dirtbag CRAP all we're well kept! PROUD of
being a trucker and looked the part!

Today??? Many OTR drivers look like Charlie Manson! Dirty, un
kept, filthy! YUCK!

Old November 28th 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Clay[_2_]

On Nov 27, 6:37 pm, wrote:
[...]

Too many in our society dress like scum.
Sloppy dressed pilots are usually sloppy fliers also. This is not
always the case.
I fly for a trucking company and for a law firm. The truckers dress
neatly, although some are way over weight for their own good. These
truckers are professionals and their company expects them to present
themselves in a positive light. After all they represent their
company. The company expect them to keep the trucks clean inside and
out. Their professionalism helps out when they are checked by the
DOT.
I would never dream of showing up to an airport looking like a gutter
bum.
Proper conduct and having a neat appearance have always helped me get
jobs, respect and preferential treatment in many situations.
As a professional pilot, I know what I am talking about.
Old November 30th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Longworth[_1_]

On Nov 29, 6:32 pm, Newps wrote:
wrote:

PERCEPTION IS EVERYTHING!

You're right there. And if you could see what the other people are
perceiving as some clown climbs out of a cherokee wearing a pilots
uniform you won't be doing that again.

How about climbing out of a Cessna 150? ;-)

http://tinyurl.com/3c79nf
Old November 30th 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Longworth" wrote:

PERCEPTION IS EVERYTHING!

You're right there. And if you could see what the other people are
perceiving as some clown climbs out of a cherokee wearing a pilots
uniform you won't be doing that again.

How about climbing out of a Cessna 150? ;-)

http://tinyurl.com/3c79nf

Haw!

Busted!

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old November 30th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Newps" wrote:

PERCEPTION IS EVERYTHING!

You're right there. And if you could see what the other people are
perceiving as some clown climbs out of a cherokee wearing a pilots uniform
you won't be doing that again.

Aw, c'mon!

Don't you think we'd all look sharp in these?

http://ghs.pasco.k12.fl.us/news/uniforms.jpg

--
Dan

"Don't make me nervous when I'm carryin' a baseball bat."
- Big Joe Turner

Old November 30th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mark Hansen

On 11/30/07 12:38, Dan Luke wrote:
"Newps" wrote:

PERCEPTION IS EVERYTHING!

You're right there. And if you could see what the other people are
perceiving as some clown climbs out of a cherokee wearing a pilots uniform
you won't be doing that again.

Aw, c'mon!

Don't you think we'd all look sharp in these?

http://ghs.pasco.k12.fl.us/news/uniforms.jpg

Okay, I'm really glad I wasn't taking a drink when that picture came up ;-)

--
Mark Hansen, PP-ASEL, Instrument Airplane, USUA Ultralight Pilot
Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Old December 1st 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Kevin Clarke

Dan Luke wrote:
"Newps" wrote:

PERCEPTION IS EVERYTHING!

You're right there. And if you could see what the other people are
perceiving as some clown climbs out of a cherokee wearing a pilots uniform
you won't be doing that again.

Aw, c'mon!

Don't you think we'd all look sharp in these?

http://ghs.pasco.k12.fl.us/news/uniforms.jpg

Clearly not flamboyant enough to accurately represent the lofty status
of being a private pilot! :-P

KC

Pilots Uniform: Good idea?? [email protected] Owning 16 December 6th 07 07:44 PM
Uniform Question Bill Kambic Naval Aviation 5 August 31st 07 02:36 AM
Tango Uniform Jim Fisher Piloting 21 December 28th 04 03:49 PM
Air Force Uniform Envy Thomas Schoene Military Aviation 35 August 11th 03 02:04 AM
Air Force unveils new uniform plan Otis Willie Military Aviation 1 August 9th 03 08:32 AM