Request Reception test of our NDB Beacon LYQ

Old February 24th 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Request Reception test of our NDB Beacon LYQ

Can you hear our NDB beacon?? Please tune you car radio to 530 AM
during your commute and see if you can hear the LYQ NDB beacon
morse code with voice weather.

Our NDB beacon is located in Manchester,TN the FAA airport ID is
43TN

Our web site is www.wwrb.org you can view pictures of our NDB
beacon, & VORTAC facilities under the photo gallery.

Please Let me know if you can hear it please post reception reports
and your location here thanks!!!!!!

we have heard from Texas, Chicago, Oklahoma, Florida
Old December 12th 09, 06:21 AM
Mike_M Mike_M is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Can you hear our NDB beacon?? Please tune you car radio to 530 AM
Reception report:
Date: 12-12-2009
Time: 0602z
Freq: 530 kHz
QTH: Oklahoma City, OK
Grid: EM15
Signal about s3 with QRM from Cuban AM station

Pse reply if you QSL and I will send SASE.

Tnx and 73!
Mike N5JKY
Old March 13th 10, 03:31 AM
aircoupe aircoupe is offline
Junior Member

Reception report:
Date/time: 13-Mar-2010 03:05 Z
Freq: 530 kHz (via automobile radio)
QTH: Johnstown, Ohio
Latitude is 40.1554 N (40° 9' 20" N)
Longitude is 82.7093 W (82° 42' 33" W)
Grid: EN80pd

Detroit sectional glimpse near my QTH

Signal intermittently varied from none to S1 with heavy QRM from Cuban AM station and another station.

Took me a bit to snag the morse ID... been 20+ years since doing any CW work.

Lee N8JQY

Last edited by aircoupe : March 13th 10 at 03:43 AM.
Old November 20th 10, 08:39 AM
Heehawk Heehawk is offline
Junior Member

Reception Report:
November 16, 2010 3:38 AM CST
Kennett, MO
529 Kc
Collins R-388/URR Communications Receiver
inverted Vee Antenna, apex at 45 feet
S3, Fading with QRM from Instrumental / Spanish Language station (Cuban ?)

Palmer

GPS Reception Problems with 396 Dan Piloting 16 August 5th 06 04:01 AM
Garmin 430 Reception Jon Kraus Owning 16 November 7th 04 03:17 AM
Garmin 430 VOR reception Maik Instrument Flight Rules 3 September 30th 04 03:48 PM
OT Farthest VHF UHF reception: callsignzippo Military Aviation 13 March 2nd 04 04:41 PM
Rotating Beacon vs. Flashing Beacon Mike Rapoport Owning 16 February 6th 04 11:05 PM