New ASK-14 website

Old September 8th 10, 12:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ASK-14 7W

Default New ASK-14 website

Hello Everyone,

I'm happy to help announce the new ASK-14 website is now on-line.
Created by Klaus Peter Gies in Germany and I've helped provide an
English version.

Check out... www.ASK14.org

If you are unfamiliar with the ASK-14, It is Alexander Schleicher
Factory built wooded motorglider. The Rudolf Kaiser design was based
on the Ka6E with similar wing and aft fuselage. The forward fuselage
is a combination of wood and fiberglass, a semi-retractable gear,
Hirth F-10 aircraft engine, feathering Hoffmann propeller, low wing
configuration and big canopy. The performance with the engine is
around 500 fpm climb and a 28:1 glider ratio in the soaring
configuration.

In the USA 10 of the 66 built were imported. One is now in Canada, two
were crashed, and about 5 are currently flying.

Before I bought my ASK-14, I spoke to different owners and soon
realized that everyone loved their sailplane. Well after 7 years of
flying mine, I can say the same, it is so much fun.

I attend the June 2010 ASK-14 Meet in Nastaetten Germany and had a
fantastic time. Fortunately, we had some of the best soaring
conditions of the German summer and the countryside was so beautiful.
The Germans have the glider club program figured out an the folks at
Aero Club Nastaetten were so friendly (and the Bier!). I invite you to
check out all the pictures on the website.

Enough rambling, thanks

Bill Batesole 7W

Old September 8th 10, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

On Sep 7, 4:32*pm, ASK-14 7W wrote:
[...]

Bill,
cool web site. I've always admired the lines of the ASK 14. Sure
wish AS would make a modern version, I think there would be a market.
Especially if they made it as pretty as an ASK 14.

Dan
ASW 20
WO
Old September 8th 10, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

On 9/8/2010 6:31 AM, Dan wrote:
On Sep 7, 4:32 pm, ASK-14 wrote:

I attend the June 2010 ASK-14 Meet in Nastaetten Germany and had a
fantastic time. Fortunately, we had some of the best soaring
conditions of the German summer and the countryside was so beautiful.
The Germans have the glider club program figured out an the folks at
Aero Club Nastaetten were so friendly (and the Bier!). I invite you to
check out all the pictures on the website.

Enough rambling, thanks

Bill Batesole 7W

Bill,
cool web site. I've always admired the lines of the ASK 14. Sure
wish AS would make a modern version, I think there would be a market.
Especially if they made it as pretty as an ASK 14.

There is a modern version - the Carat! It's single seat, uses the wing
from a Standard Class glider, mounted low, it has a front mounted
engine, and it does have a market. Not made by AS, but hey - 5 out 6 is
pretty good.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (netto to net to email me)

- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl

- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation Mar/2004" Much of what you need to know tinyurl.com/yfs7tnz

Old September 8th 10, 08:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

On Sep 8, 12:47*pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
On 9/8/2010 6:31 AM, Dan wrote:

On Sep 7, 4:32 pm, ASK-14 *wrote:

[...]

- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation Mar/2004" Much of what you need to know tinyurl.com/yfs7tnz- Hide quoted text -

I'm very familiar with the Carat.....
the 6th one is most important
Dan
ASW 20
WO
Old September 13th 10, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

On Sep 7, 4:32*pm, ASK-14 7W wrote:
[...]

I love the new ASK-14 web site.
I had a few questions for you and wrote you an e-mail off line
Thanks,
Dan

#### How To Turn Your Dull Website into Money Making Website#### [email protected] Piloting 0 December 14th 07 01:46 PM
SSA Website Wayne Paul Soaring 4 September 12th 07 11:56 PM
new website Shaun Aviation Marketplace 0 October 10th 04 06:32 PM
New Website Shaun Instrument Flight Rules 0 October 10th 04 06:31 PM
website Shaun Simulators 0 October 10th 04 02:25 PM