A LETTER OF THANKS

Old September 14th 10, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
minimoa

Default A LETTER OF THANKS

On Sep 10, 12:28Â*pm, Cloudstreet Journal wrote:

I want to offer this letter of thanks to the soaring community for
the opportunity to serve the readers of Soaring Magazine. During my
tenure with the Soaring Society, I have designed 221 issues of
Soaring, 20 Soaring Calendars, plus a multitude of posters, book
covers, manuals, awards, charts, logos, signs and photography. I
helped produce one of the SSA's first digital interactive booklets for
Val Paget.

I have been fortunate to meet many outstanding people that represent
the sport: Charlie Spratt, Richard Schreder, Paul Schweizer, Virginia
Schweizer, Richard H. Johnson, Jack Gomez, Al Santilli, Tom Knauff and
Cliff Robertson to name a few. It's been quite a party. When the SSA
decided to adopt computer technology for magazine production, I was in
the middle of the whole process. The computer has enhanced the look of
Soaring in ways that the old traditional methods cannot touch.

A wise man once said "All good things must come to an end," and it
is time for me to jump head first into my next adventure. I will be
doing the design work for Cloudstreet Journal, a new and exciting
digital publication devoted to the science and enjoyment of soaring
flight. This publication will be designed at my studio, Sourcebook
Publications, LLC. Editor Lee Matke and I both recognize that the way
people receive news and information is changing. There has been an
ever-growing cry for a digital publication from the soaring community
and we hope to fill this void. In my profession, it is important to
pursue growth and change - remaining on a "plateau" is unwise with
emerging technology.

Cloudstreet Journal will launch January 2011.....all you need is the
latest version of Acrobat Reader to access the interactive content. A
version will also be available for the Apple iPad (this version lacks
the interactive elements of the computer version). A Media Kit for
advertisers will be available soon, and articles are currently being
accepted. Subscription information and general information about
Cloudstreet Journal is available to those that send an email to:
.

I hope to continue hearing from the soaring community as you submit
articles and photographs for publication, and it is my hope to
continue spreading the word about soaring throughout the world.

Once again, thank you and fly safe!

Steve Hines
Sourcebook Publications, LLC

You have done outstanding work over the years Steve. I am very
interested in Cloudstreet Journal. Keep all of us updated.

James Wertham

FAA Exemption Letter (USA) Bob 7U Soaring 19 January 23rd 10 04:17 AM
Letter from TSA? Emily Piloting 14 August 14th 06 11:33 PM
Letter FROM Santa! Dave Piloting 21 December 4th 05 11:56 PM
A letter to a friend... Greasy Rider© @ invalid.com Naval Aviation 3 August 23rd 05 12:23 AM
Letter from TSA Rosspilot Piloting 2 November 20th 03 01:12 AM