Monerai P Self Launching Sailplane

Old May 26th 19, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Monerai P Self Launching Sailplane

On Tuesday, August 18, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, marc silverman wrote:
This is not a low time ship or anytime ship.It was not a succesful design..Thats why
you don't see them flying.Don't buy it. Marc Silverman WV

MIKEB1835 wrote:

Can anyone give me some info about the Monerai P. I am a low time glider pilot
who is interested in purchasing one, but need to know about flight
characteristics.
They look nice but how do they fly. It is extremely light in weight, what
does this mean to the pilot. Thanx

I flew one for a few years(N8530L).. I was told the it had poor spin characteristics.. so I never spun it.. It is a Pod and Boom type construction.. which allowed NO real fuselage to slip the aircraft.. so I see how getting out of a spin is might be difficult... It was really difficult to assemble the wings.. the alignment was not perfect.. It had a Ballistic Parachute.. which could carry the entire aircraft to the ground. The 28 HP engine was never used by me.. the last I heard it was hanging in a Museum in Texas. J.F Butrick