Avion Yokes

Old March 14th 05, 09:22 PM
Mike Granby

Default Avion Yokes

Anyone installed Avion yokes on their bird? I seem to remember reading
some horror story about how someone went down this path, and then
couldn't get the field approval from the FSDO.......

Old March 15th 05, 10:16 PM

Mike Granby wrote:
Anyone installed Avion yokes on their bird? I seem to remember

reading
some horror story about how someone went down this path, and then
couldn't get the field approval from the FSDO.......

I don't know about Avion yokes, but I do know that it's a good idea
to discuss any mod with the FSDO that will be issuing the field
approval before you buy anything. Some FSDOs are quite cooperative
with field approvals, while others won't approve anything.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old March 15th 05, 10:58 PM
Mike Granby

I've already exchanged emails with the FSDO, but I was hoping to find
someone who'd done it before and knew of an existing 337, or who had
tried and failed for the lack of being able to find such a thing.
Without one, it's going to be a bear to convince any FSDO that the new
yoke meets the relevent bits of FAR 23.

Old March 16th 05, 03:36 AM
Newps

You won't have a hard time with an Avion yoke. Join your aircrafts type
club, such as the Cessna Pilots Assoc, and you should have a 337
printed out in a few minutes of asking for one.

Old March 16th 05, 06:05 AM
Mike Granby

I'm already in the Piper Owners' Association, and I posted this same
question to that forum at the same time as this group. The one reply
from someone with experience with Avion said that they suck, and the
owner is a liar, and that a FSDO simply will not issue a field approval
for yokes, but that they need an STC. Now, my FSDO says a field
approval is possible, but it's going to be a pain as the relevant parts
of the FARs demand inter alia testing as to the forces the yoke can
stand. He'd much rather find an existing 337, but no-one at the Owners'
Association has come forward with one, and Avion aren't replying to my
emails...

1966 Cessna 172 Control Yokes --- What Alloy? jls Home Built 0 November 4th 04 05:02 PM
Anyone wrapped their yokes in leather? Jay Honeck Owning 13 March 3rd 04 02:59 PM
Throw over yokes Steve P Piloting 7 January 13th 04 06:21 PM
Vintage Cessna Yokes Al Gilson Owning 8 September 12th 03 03:27 PM