The Mad Scientist's Club

Old December 7th 04, 01:25 AM
Kyle Boatright

Default The Mad Scientist's Club

Am I thinking of the same books/characters?? I remember one story about a
balloon race (The Great Gas Bag Race?) and another story about our heroes
building a boat that looked like the Loch Ness monster... Very good
stories. I tried to find copies of the books on Ebay a while back with no
luck...

Another favorite childhood read was an investigative series: The Three
Investigators...

KB

"Richard Riley" wrote in message
news
Did you read The Mad Scientist's Club when you were a kid?

If you're under 50 and you're reading this newsgroup, you probably
did. Two collections of short stories, "The Mad Scientists Club" and
"The New Adverntures of the Mad Scientists Club." Most of the stories
originally appeared in "Boy's Life" from '61 to '68.

snip

The best part is, there's a 4th book. "The Big Chunk of Ice," another
novel, was to be the last adventure of the boys. It was never
published in any form - but is due out in 2005.

Old December 7th 04, 02:33 AM
John Ousterhout

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 13:10:10 -0800, Richard Riley
wrote:

Did you read The Mad Scientist's Club when you were a kid?

Your friend who designed and flew the Facetmobile and wrote the song
"The Ghost of Isaac Newton" certainly fits most any definition of a
Mad Scientist.

- J.O.-

Old December 7th 04, 07:35 AM
Dave Hyde

Richard Riley wrote...

...the other is "The Strange Sea Monster of Strawberry Lake."

I didn't remember the series name, but I remember this one.
I tried to get my mother to help haul a section of corrugated
pipe after reading it. My clever plan fell apart when
I couldn't find an old bomber nose.

:Another favorite childhood read was an investigative series: The Three
:Investigators...

"Alfred Hitchcock presents". I had a friend I called Jupiter
for a while because of those books. Never did quite figure out
how they rigged the latch in the dog's eye.

Dave 'and I can't remember my own phone number' Hyde