Wild South Video

Old November 24th 05, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wild South Video

Hi,

I'm trying to contact Wild South video to order some soaring videos and I'm
not having any luck finding them. Can anyone direct me to a web site or
send me an e-mail address?

I seem to recall the John Roake was connected with their videos, but my
e-mail address for him is no longer valid.

Thanks,

Paul Remde

Old November 24th 05, 04:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

In article lXahf.569551$x96.292644@attbi_s72,
"Paul Remde" wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to contact Wild South video to order some soaring videos and I'm
not having any luck finding them. Can anyone direct me to a web site or
send me an e-mail address?

I seem to recall the John Roake was connected with their videos, but my
e-mail address for him is no longer valid.

John has videos for sale, yes.

I don't think his address has changed for many years. I got email from
him just a week or two ago:

--
Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-
Old November 24th 05, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the e-mail address. I appreciate it.

However, in the future, please don't post other people's e-mail addresses to
this or any other news group. Please e-mail them directly. You probably
don't realize it, but spam robots can search through postings for text
strings that look like e-mail addresses and then they can sell those e-mail
addresses to spammers. In my original note below I was not at all clear so
it is partly my fault. When I stated "send me an e-mail address" I meant
that I wanted it e-mailed to me directly rather than posting it on the
newsgroup. I'm sorry it wasn't clear. I'm very sorry to John that his
e-mail address was posted here twice. I don't know of any way to delete
those posts - I don't think that is possible. It probably isn't a big deal,
but I wanted to mention it for future reference.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde

Old November 24th 05, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Go to Natural History New Zealand:

http://nhnz.marketeer.co.nz/index.pasp

Even with shipping from NZ less expensive than buying in the US. Make
sure to order correct format for US.

Old November 25th 05, 09:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

In article TZphf.597832$xm3.283054@attbi_s21,
"Paul Remde" wrote:

However, in the future, please don't post other people's e-mail addresses to
this or any other news group. Please e-mail them directly. You probably
don't realize it, but spam robots can search through postings for text
strings that look like e-mail addresses and then they can sell those e-mail
addresses to spammers.

Dude, chill.

John runs a business from that address and is a prominent member of a
number of organizations. A quick google search show his email adddress
proudly displayed for the world and spammers to see on at least:

- gliding.co.nz
- glidingmagazine.com
- fai.org
- ozipilotsonline.com
- dgflugzeugbau.de
- gliderpilot.net
- bol.baskerville.it

He has personally posted his email address -- along with his physical
address and phone and FAX numbers -- to this newsgroup on a number of
occasions, sometime incidentally in posting information, sometimes
explicitly advertising his various addresses when he has new things for
sale.

I think you can take it as read that both Paul Buchanan and I are well
aware of all this.

--
Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-
Old November 25th 05, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Paul Remde wrote:

...please don't post other people's e-mail addresses to
this or any other news group. Please e-mail them directly.

Always an appropriate and welcome reminder, Paul, whether or not the
individual appears to be protective of his address.

Too many people are cavalier with others' information. As an example,
it's not unusual to see an address used ONLY for private email come back
to me in spam because others are careless in forwarding messages without
first stripping email addresses. There is an etiquette regarding email
addresses, just as there is with personal phone numbers and other
information, which we all should follow.

Jack