I'm not a real Pilot?

Old March 31st 07, 12:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Default I'm not a real Pilot?

Mxsmanic wrote in
news
Sylvain writes:

You made the choice of going there.. I was there in the first place
(well, in the close neighborhood) and made the choice to move away
from it. One of us flies, the other doesn't. We live with the
consequences of our choices.

Flying didn't really play a part in my decision.

We know.

bertie
Old March 31st 07, 12:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Dave Doe writes:

That doesn't sound too bad - consider that in that you get 50+ hours
of *real* flying.

Sorry, but flying in some junky tin can around the airfield is just
not worth $340 an hour to me.

The money could be better spent on simulation. At least then I get a
lot more bang for the buck.

You're a halfwit. There's no doubt about it.

Bertie
Old March 31st 07, 12:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Walt writes:

Dudley was being pretty darn nice to you, my friend. But that's a
pretty snarky remark.

Not for someone who is permanently scratched off the list after
failing a medical. I should think that people who are very much into
flying, of all people, would understand that.

You don't fly, you understand zilch.

Bertie
Old March 31st 07, 12:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

wrxpilot writes:

I've used MSFS off and on since I was a teenager, and I used it
extensively during my instrument training. It saved me a lot of
money for learning instrument procedures, and it was a great tool.
But nothing about MSFS *makes* one a REAL pilot. I'm a newbie pilot
with a fresh commercial certificate and a still wet instrument
rating. But from the little bit of trudging around the skys I've
done, there's no way to simulate the real thing. I've "flown" level
D airlines sims before, and they don't even compare to flying around
in a real C172.

Everyone knows, however, that if you haven't flown an airliner, you're
not a real pilot. A C172 doesn't count--or does it?

Yes, it does, fjukktard.

The "real" qualifier is a moving target, depending on whom you're
talking to, and who you are. I don't know that having a few hours in
a C172 would count much among 747 pilots. Everyone wants someone else
to look down upon.

Fortunate that you;'re here then, isn't it? No fighting over who has to
pull bottom rung.

Bertie

Old March 31st 07, 12:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Aluckyguess writes:

Who cares what anyone thinks.
When I meet an ATP I usually say oh you're a real pilot and we laugh.

A better distinction would be professional vs. amateur. An amateur pilot
flies when he wants to; a professional pilot flies when he is told to.

God you're an idiot.

Bertie
Old March 31st 07, 12:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
news
Dudley Henriques writes:

I once had a non pilot charter pax ask me before the flight why we
charged so much money for our services. I told him he could make the
flight one of two ways. We could walk out to the airplane together,
get in, and I'd do the flying, or I could show him the airplane and
he was welcome to try it by himself.

The high salaries of some airline pilots are mostly high for
historical reasons. It's best not to look too closely at how much
they are actually worth.

Snort!

Not half what i'm paid, fjukkwit.

Or maybe you can figure out the great circle route to Oz using just a
pencil and paper? Or figure out your long when you only have Sirius to
look at? Or know what it means to the airplane when you're flying with a
20 knot tailwind on a 4 deg app. and the surface temp is lower than
where you are..

Didn't think so.

Bertie
Old March 31st 07, 01:21 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tim

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Tim wrote in :

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Tim wrote in news:gNfPh.13$zm5.4

@newsfe12.lga:

Mxsmanic wrote:

David writes:

So why is it the general public thinks that to be a real
pilot you have to aspire to become a scheduled airline captain?

For much the same reason that some people think that people who fly
simulators cannot be real pilots. It's human nature to try to rank
people, always in such a way that the person doing the ranking turns
out to merit a high rank, whereas other people turn out to merit a
low rank.

No one said you could not be one. Just that you are not one. Big
difference.

No, not so I said he couldn't be one. He can't

Bertie

Yes, I didn;t see your posts until after.
I think you are incorrect. It is not that hard to do.

Didn't say it was, just too hard for him.

I would bet he

could do it if he took lessons.

By the way, you are about as annoying as he is in your posts.

Good. You don;t like me, killfile me. Otherwise, go **** yourself.

Loser.

Bertie

Old March 31st 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tim

Mxsmanic wrote:
Dudley Henriques writes:

I once had a non pilot charter pax ask me before the flight why we charged
so much money for our services. I told him he could make the flight one of
two ways. We could walk out to the airplane together, get in, and I'd do the
flying, or I could show him the airplane and he was welcome to try it by
himself.

The high salaries of some airline pilots are mostly high for historical
reasons. It's best not to look too closely at how much they are actually
worth.

Um, this comment was about a charter pilot. They don't make much typically.

The cost of charter flights is for fuel, insurance, debt service,
maintenance and salaries. (among other things) The salaries are not
that high in this case.

Old March 31st 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BDS

"Mxsmanic" wrote

Everyone knows, however, that if you haven't flown an airliner, you're not

real pilot. A C172 doesn't count--or does it?

The "real" qualifier is a moving target, depending on whom you're talking

to,
and who you are. I don't know that having a few hours in a C172 would

count
much among 747 pilots. Everyone wants someone else to look down upon.

You labor under a typical misconception for a non-pilot - you need to
actually talk with some of the large equipment pilots if you really think
that any of them look down on pilots who fly smaller aircraft. I know quite
a few, and not a single one of them feels this way. In fact, when it comes
to preference every one of them would rather be out flying a Piper Cub than
an airliner.

Would you rather be out driving a bus around, or a sports car? Never mind,
I think I know =your= answer...

BDS

Old March 31st 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Whome?

On 3/31/2007 4:59:39 AM, Mxsmanic wrote:
Tim writes:

Major BS snip ----

A lot of advice from someone who admits he has never actually piloted an
aircraft, and has a very well proven record of his inability to understand
human nature and constructively interact with adults.

Major BS snip ----
There are also enough people
flying small planes who have used "flight simulators" prior to taking
lessons. I have never, ever heard of someone who could land a plane
right from the start. It just does not happen.

I've heard of it, but it's rare. Obviously, such people have a natural talent

Major BS snip ----
Prove it junior. You are talking to real pilots, we know better, we've been
there.

Go simulate a 100 inspection on your Baron or something.