LXNAV Nano and LX 9000 Overview Videos Available

Old February 25th 11, 07:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default LXNAV Nano and LX 9000 Overview Videos Available

Hi,

Rand Baldwin of SoaringCafe.com and recorded some product overview videos of
the LXNAV Nano and LX9000 at the 2011 Soaring Society of America Conference.
There was no script or preparation, the video simply shows me giving a quick
overview of each product. The focus, and lighting are not great, but the
videos do a good job of introducing the products. I think customers
interested in the products will find the videos interesting. Thank you Rand
Baldwin for taking the initiative to film the videos and make them
available!

You can view them he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/lxnav.htm

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old February 27th 11, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gregg Leslie[_2_]

Default LXNAV Nano, power off remotely

The Nano is a fine product, my only complaint..... If you locate the Nano
in
an isolated area, there is no way to power it off without using the on off

switch. (unless i have not figured it out).

GL

Old February 27th 11, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Greg,

Since it has a built-in battery, it is true that you can't power it down by
removing 12V power input. But the same is true for the EW microRecorder and
other similar devices that have internal batteries. The advantage is that
if you power it with 12V power from your glider battery, and the glider
battery dies, the Nano (or EW) will continue to log your flight using its
internal battery. That would not be the case for any logger that does not
have an internal battery - such as the LX Colibri or Volkslogger.

Paul Remde

Old February 28th 11, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Clarke

Paul,

Not the whole story on the EW MicroRecorder.

"Turning OFF – Disconnect the external power and press switch twice, or
disconnect power and wait for
the Auto off criteria to be met."

"Auto Off Criteria – If during the Auto-Off Time period neither the speed
nor height change
exceeds the Auto-Off Velocity or Auto-Off Altitude values then the
microRecorder will switch off
automatically, (providing it is not connected to external power)."

So the EW has the advantage that if the external power dies while it is in
the air, it continues to run on the battery while it is in the air. And if
it is running normally on external power in flight and you switch off the
power after landing, the unit will switch off the battery power after a
pre-set time.

This is why I have got an EW as my standby recorder mounted behind my
instrument panel. Like Greg, neat though it appears to be I could not see
that the Nano would work as a standby unless you had access to manually
switch it off.

KR

Mike

Nano Logger Ed Soaring 7 September 10th 10 08:32 PM
IGC-approval of the LXNAV Nano GNSS Flight recorder Ian Strachan Soaring 5 September 1st 10 02:41 PM
28 years, 9000 hours Jay Honeck[_2_] Piloting 60 March 10th 08 02:19 PM
Variometer Overview Videos Paul Remde Soaring 6 January 20th 08 09:07 PM
New Ipod Nano Just Released, Free (with only 2 referrals) [email protected] Owning 2 September 16th 05 02:28 AM