Arial view of the hwy 141 burn area, Washington, USA.

Old September 13th 12, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU

Default Arial view of the hwy 141 burn area, Washington, USA.

These is nothing too impressive in this evening flight, but I thought some of you might like to see a view of our close call with fire this summer. There was just enough ridge lift from a slope to the east of the burn area to keep us aloft. The darken hillside to our east, up and under the power lines, is the burnt grass and forest area. The river to the south in the video is the Columbia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apYw_iosJak

Here's the olc view:
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...l?dsId=2746128