PLASTIC FAA AIRMANS CERTIFICATE

Old January 19th 10, 06:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

Default PLASTIC FAA AIRMANS CERTIFICATE

There were some problems with glider pilots getting new plastic
certificates for a while. I got an email from Airman Services stating
they had corrected the problem. Sure nuff. No problems now. Get
your new plastic certificate via the web and have it in your wallet in
about 2 weeks

19
Old January 20th 10, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul[_2_]

On Jan 19, 12:56*pm, Bob wrote:
There were some problems with glider pilots getting new plastic
certificates for a while. *I got an email from Airman Services stating
they had corrected the problem. *Sure nuff. *No problems now. *Get
your new plastic certificate via the web and have it in your wallet in
about 2 weeks

19

Would that it were so. I just tried and it told me that my certificate
isn't eligible for online update. (I have Commercial Glider aerotow,
private privileges ASEL.) I downloaded the paper forms and will mail
them, but I fear the worst, as they do not have any mention of how to
attach a photo, which will be needed on the new plastic cert. (The
online update has a really clever deal whereby you can upload your
passport or driver license photo, but as noted, I can't do the online
version.)

And yes, I tried just changing from SSN to a new number.Also no dice.

Grrrr.

p.
Old January 20th 10, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Jan 20, 10:10*am, Paul wrote:

Would that it were so. I just tried and it told me that my certificate
isn't eligible for online update....

Call the number listed in this earlier thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...be9f6ea?hl=en#

Once you reach a human, they'll most likely know exactly what to do.
They've been getting lots and lots of calls on this, and it's usually
no problem to remove the ATO restriction. It takes just a couple of
minutes, then you can go back to the Web site and it goes right
through.

After that was fixed, the only problem I had with the system was
entering a physical address that their system would take. Thanks to
the Google, I learned that the USPS considers my neighborhood to
actually be part of the zip code for the next town over.

Thanks, Bob K.
Old January 20th 10, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...wse_frm/thread...

Once you reach a human, they'll most likely know exactly what to do.
They've been getting lots and lots of calls on this, and it's usually
no problem to remove the ATO restriction. It takes just a couple of
minutes, then you can go back to the Web site and it goes right
through.

After that was fixed, the only problem I had with the system was
entering a physical address that their system would take. Thanks to
the Google, I learned that the USPS considers my neighborhood to
actually be part of the zip code for the next town over.

Thanks, Bob K.

After receiving the "can't do" message on the web site I sent an email
to the listed address asking for help, and received one back a few
days later stating the problem had been taken care of. It would now
appear that the problem was taken care of "for me", but not for
everyone else. My mistake was for thinking the fix was for everyone
that had glider ratings. Such can be the fun of dealing with the
federal government!
Old January 20th 10, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vontresc

On Jan 20, 12:10*pm, Paul wrote:
On Jan 19, 12:56*pm, Bob wrote:

[...]

So the new plastic certs now have your picture on them????

Pete
Old January 20th 10, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glider[_2_]

The new plastic Certificates have no photo. That comes sometime later. Not this year.
They only ask if it's on drivers license or Passport.
No photo is needed.
Comes in two weeks,
GA

Old January 20th 10, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kd6veb

Hi Gang
My experience yesterday in requesting the plastic certificate.
Firstly they made me open an account with the FAA with name and
password ( which they supplied) and after signing on I changed
password to my choice. I confirmed they had all my info correct and
signed up for a new certificate. This cost $2 with VISA. They
requested info on my Nevada driving license for a picture which I gave
them and I should receive the new plastic certificate in 2 weeks. I
assume that the Nevada DMV will supply the FAA with a copy of my
driving license picture but maybe not. That's about it
Dave
Old January 20th 10, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Guy Byars[_2_]

As of yesterday Jan 19, the FAA's website still had a problem. I
tried to get a plastic replacement for my certificate, but kept
getting the following error:

THIS CERTIFICATE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR RENEWAL ONLINE, RATINGS # 214

I had to call a person and request my "Glider-AeroTowOnly" rating be
changed to "Glider". After she did that, the web interface magically
started working and I could get a replacement online.

Note you can save $2 by requesting a new certificate with out your
Socal Security Number. That is free.

Old January 20th 10, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Jan 20, 2:42*pm, Guy Byars wrote:

I had to call a person and request my "Glider-AeroTowOnly" rating be
changed to "Glider". *

Surely you haven't been flying that electric contraption with an Aero
Tow only restriction?????

Andy
Old January 20th 10, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Jan 20, 4:29*pm, Andy wrote:
On Jan 20, 2:42*pm, Guy Byars wrote:

I had to call a person and request my "Glider-AeroTowOnly" rating be
changed to "Glider". *

Surely you haven't been flying that electric contraption with an Aero
Tow only restriction?????

Andy

Sorry - A senior moment and got people mixed up. Please disregard.

Proposal: The Steve Fossett Airmans Search Project Larry Dighera Piloting 15 June 17th 08 07:46 PM
337 for interior plastic Robert M. Gary Owning 26 November 28th 05 04:24 PM
Repairing Plastic Jay Honeck Owning 5 February 2nd 04 09:20 PM
New Plastic Certificates... Ekim Piloting 3 November 28th 03 08:51 PM
Plastic fender? Steve Thomas Home Built 0 August 28th 03 04:36 PM