Pilot's Political Orientation

Old April 19th 04, 11:29 PM
C J Campbell

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
. net...
"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Gene Seibel" wrote in message
om...
I believe what I believe. You believe what you believe. Few of us will
change our minds, unless we have no convictions to start with.

You don't change your mind when someone offers a better
explanation/argument?

Sadly, most people do not.

Obviously true, since they still vote for Democrats. :-)

Old April 20th 04, 12:19 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
. net...
"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Gene Seibel" wrote in message
om...
I believe what I believe. You believe what you believe. Few of us

will
change our minds, unless we have no convictions to start with.

You don't change your mind when someone offers a better
explanation/argument?

Sadly, most people do not.

Obviously true, since they still vote for Democrats. :-)

Problem is the Republican's actions belie their arguments.

Old April 20th 04, 12:41 AM
Dan Luke

"Michael 182" wrote:
Dan,

Look up Tarver on Google. He is a long time troll who never:
bothers to back up any of his arguments except with rambling
non-sensical "statements of fact".

I know, I know. Hell, *everyone* knows Tarver is the dizziest loon on
usenet.

Give it up.

I guess I'll have to; he's gun-shy now. I sure did want to see him get
shredded on talk.origins again, though; it's pure entertainment.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old April 20th 04, 12:42 AM
Andrew Gideon

Tom Sixkiller wrote:

Problem is the Republican's actions belie their arguments.

More than anything else, this is what I find so annoying. Color me
conservative, I'd like to vote that way. Unfortunately, nobody is giving
me that choice.

At this point, I'd have to vote Democrat because all they want is my money.
I'd rather give that then the rights the Republicans are trying to take.

Frustrating!

- Andrew

Old April 20th 04, 12:51 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

I guess I'll have to; he's gun-shy now. I sure did want to see him get
shredded on talk.origins again, though; it's pure entertainment.

I told you all you have to do is make a crosspost. I wouldn't post to a
Mormon newsgroup eiither. I enjoy mopping the floor with the uneducated
crew that hangs out at talk.origins. It upsets the biologists to see you
make such a fool of yourself though and I do not want to run off the
competent.

Old April 20th 04, 12:56 AM
Ash Wyllie

David Brooks opined

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

I have never been convicted of anything. No one saw me do it. You can't
prove it. The sheep are lying.

Does that mean it's going to rain?

No, it's cows that lie down before it rains. Dunno what sheep do.

-ash
Cthulhu for President!
Why vote for a lesser evil?

Old April 20th 04, 01:35 AM
Judah

No clue at all. But then, this is not an economics forum.

"C J Campbell" wrote in
:

"Judah" wrote in message

I made no mention of stealing. The Free Market in the US requires that
people redistribute assets in order to get rich. Most people don't get
rich based solely on their hourly rate. They get rich by buying low
and selling high - real estate, stocks, antiques on a road show, or
whatever.

In the free market economy, someone wins, and someone loses.

You really don't have a clue, do you, about economics?

Old April 20th 04, 03:03 AM
darwin smith

Tarver Engineering wrote:

This is my last reply here at rai, as this is way off topic and I don't
expect you will change your religous beliefs based on hard physical
evidence, or for any other reason.

I agree that this discussion is way off topic, and that it's a good
time to end it. It's
just such a shame that you refuse to offer any "hard physical evidence"
for your
statements.

Oh, and by the way, I guess astronomy cannot be considered a science
either since it
so often fails the "experimentally demonstrable" requirement of a
theory. I do suggest
you check out a good discussion on the philosophy of science sometime,
though, to
find out what really is required to have a valid theory.

Rich Lemert

Old April 20th 04, 03:14 AM
Tarver Engineering

"darwin smith" wrote in message
ink.net...
Tarver Engineering wrote:

Oh, and by the way, I guess astronomy cannot be considered a science

either since it
so often fails the "experimentally demonstrable" requirement of a theory.

Why would you post something so rediculess? Astromony adheres to the real
scientific method. Anyway, the discussion is moved to talk.origins. TO has
been pretty well destroyed since my discussion with Andrew Hall there would
up in the WSJ, so you will find many kooks and trolls there.

Old April 20th 04, 03:37 AM
Doug

Success in governing requires more than one point of view. It takes
ALL of us thinking and acting upon our beliefs. The collective wisdom
is greater than any ONE person's wisdom, and even greater than the sum
of all the people's wisdom. That is what MAKES a democracy work.