New low budget two seater

Old June 14th 18, 11:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default New low budget two seater

On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 00:24:41 -0700, Tom wrote:

This is of interest to me too. Here in the USA there don't seem to be
many "affordable" options. If you are looking at a glider under
$30,000

Although little bit off-topic, but yesterday I was looking to buy this
old bird
http://www.segelflug.de/osclass/inde...=item&id=26202 Yes, I know
it is older than me, but it fly :-)

then about the only option is the ever-aging fleet of Schweizer 2-33
gliders,

Thanks, John. Will check this too.

If there are any K-13s in the USA, they'd be worth a look - there are
still quite a lot being used by UK clubs including Lasham. They are
better than the K-7 for one main reason: the instructor's view is quite
restricted in a K-7. Look at that linked photo and/or listen to those
who've instructed in them. This is not an issue in the K-13.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org
Old June 14th 18, 11:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

And ASK-13 are fantastic for spinning.
Old June 14th 18, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Op donderdag 14 juni 2018 12:26:00 UTC+2 schreef Martin Gregorie:
[...]

I agree with K13's, very easy, good view,... Our club has 2 K13's for early training and 2 G103 Twins (2 and 3) for advanced training.
Old June 14th 18, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The ASK-13 is certainly an excellent trainer, but:
it is no longer available new (the most recent must be more than 30 years old);
it has one big practical problem: the very limited load it can carry. We have two in my club, the best one can legally carry 168 kg (370 lbs). A bit low for the current generation of pilots...
Old June 14th 18, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

At 07:20 14 June 2018, Tom wrote:
Blaniks? http://home.nwi.net/~blanikam/ba/blanik.htm

Yes, why not if they still produce L13.

PW6U still being produced =probably the cheapest new 'glass' 2

seater.

I will contact the manufacturer.

Thank you, Paul!

Producig the L23 Super Blanik, as well as reconditioned L-13's.
Don't know what has happened to the L23NG - this was an updated L-
23 Super Blanik - was at Aero a few years ago.

Old June 15th 18, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

Sir,
L23 NG is a modification of L 23 original design what we plan to develop and put to the market during next two/ three years. At this moment it is in study phase. It is proposed as metal basic trainer glider.
Expected price is projected for 60000 USD for basic configuration.
At this moment we finalize retrofit program for L13 original design with extension of safety life of old fleet.
Best regards

Vaclav Krizek
Chief Executive Officer

Guess they’re too busy fixing up the L-13’s
Old June 15th 18, 04:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ASM

PW-6U is in production.
SZD 54-2 Perkoz is in production.
Both of them are pretty good gliders.
Old June 15th 18, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

I've just started a Facebook page to discuss and promote the idea of an open-source crowd-sourced two-seat primary trainer certified as SLSA or whatever makes it eligible for commercial ride, instruction, and rental use. I envision something about halfway between the ASK13 and ASK21 in performance and complexity, and designed to fill in for the declining 2-33 population.

I'm not extremely optimistic about this effort, but as one of the few sailplane developers with a vested interest in the future of soaring in the US I thought I'd get the conversation going and see where it leads.

https://www.facebook.com/SoarOpenTrainer

--Bob K.
Old June 15th 18, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

Meanwhile, the jigs for the Peregrine (Krosnos) are just sitting in shipping containers somewhere in Georgia. Could it be produced cost-effectively?

PA
Old June 15th 18, 08:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Friday, June 15, 2018 at 1:26:35 PM UTC-6, Paul Agnew wrote:
Meanwhile, the jigs for the Peregrine (Krosnos) are just sitting in shipping containers somewhere in Georgia. Could it be produced cost-effectively?

PA

$1M and four year commitment needed. Contact Tim Barry.
http://barryaviation.com/ps/contact.html