How to fly a plain into a mountain???

Old March 16th 09, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

Default How to fly a plain into a mountain???

On Mar 16, 10:31*am, Will wrote:
On Mar 15, 5:14*am, Mxsmanic wrote:

Harald Gentexeater writes:
I'm a suicidal pilot and I want to kill myself
by flying into a mountain.

How can I fly into a mountain, so that I will
die for sure???

Being suicidal invalidates your medical, making it illegal for you to fly. *So
you'll have to find some other method.

Like con somebody else into taking you for a ride?

This is from today's AVweb:

BRAZIL -- A man convinced a pilot Thursday to take himself and his 5-
year-old daughter on an aerial sightseeing tour, but forced the pilot
out at gunpoint on the runway, prior to takeoff in Brazil. At that
point, Kleber Barosa da Silva took control of the aircraft. Da Silva,
who was being sought for his alleged rape of a 13-year-old girl, then
flew the aircraft for more than an hour. Local TV networks would later
broadcast video of the aircraft after an air force aircraft found it
and formed up loosely on its wing. In the end, Da Silva, 31, crashed
the aircraft into a mall's parking lot in Goiana, Brazil, killing
himself and his daughter. It is not known if that was his intent, if
he was aiming for the mall, or if the aircraft simply ran out of fuel.

Earlier that day, Da Silva had argued with his wife, before forcing
her out of a moving car and driving his daughter to the airport in
Luziania, where the incident's deadly second act began would begin.
Police described Da Silva's flight as erratic, and Manoel Borges, the
police commander in charge of the investigation told Reuters, "by our
reading of what happened and his psychological state" his intent "was
to smash into the shopping center."

Was there any information as to if Da Silva had any training in
flying?
Old March 16th 09, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"a" wrote in message news:649c2dbc-60df-4970-b609-
Was there any information as to if Da Silva had any training in
flying?

I think the Times was reporting he had extensive experience with MSFS, and
in the recent argument with his former wife, he insisted he could easily
land a real airplane. She was begging he to seek professional help.

Old March 17th 09, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in message

"a" wrote in message news:649c2dbc-60df-4970-b609-
Was there any information as to if Da Silva had any training in
flying?

I think the Times was reporting he had extensive experience with MSFS, and
in the recent argument with his former wife, he insisted he could easily
land a real airplane. She was begging he to seek professional help.

Then there's hope for you too, Maxipad.

You should follow his lead, Okie. Put yourself out of our misery.

Old March 17th 09, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert Barker

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in message

"a" wrote in message news:649c2dbc-60df-4970-b609-
Was there any information as to if Da Silva had any training in
flying?

I think the Times was reporting he had extensive experience with MSFS, and
in the recent argument with his former wife, he insisted he could easily
land a real airplane. She was begging he to seek professional help.

Probably had a lot of 'training' with MSFS...

Old March 17th 09, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Harald Gentexeater writes:
[...]

Hmmm. What version of Windows was this on? Vista could do it.

Old March 19th 09, 04:57 AM posted to fj.kanji,rec.aviation.piloting
[email protected][_2_]

On Mar 14, 9:05*pm, Harald Gentexeater wrote:
I'm a suicidal pilot and I want to kill myself
by flying into a mountain.

How can I fly into a mountain, so that I will
die for sure???

This guy wrote the book on mountian flying...

Force joins search for missing Helena airplane and pilot
BY MARTIN J. KIDSTON
Independent Record

UPDATED 1:45 p.m.
A search and rescue crew from Malmstrom Air Force Base arrived in
Helena shortly after noon today to join the hunt for a missing Helena
pilot and his plane.

Sparky Imeson's Cessna 180 disappeared from radar in rugged terrain
roughly 18 miles northwest of Bozeman around 2:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Search crews with the Montana Department of Transportation's
aeronautics division spent this morning searching the east slope of
the Elkhorn Mountains, where a cellular tower picked up a signal from
Imeson's phone shortly after the plane dropped off Bozeman radar.

"For the phone to receive that call, he'd have to be in that general
location," said Mike Rogan, aviation support officer for MDT. "It was
the closest tower. Someone tried to call him, but no one answered."
Rogan, along with Jeanne MacPherson, the bureau chief coordinator for
MDT, went out Tuesday night after getting word of the plane's
disappearance.

The department's search plane is specially equipped to spot an
Emergency Locator Transmitter, or ELT, which acti-vates when an
aircraft goes down.

"We went out immediately and did a route search," MacPherson said. "We
went to Bozeman, landed, and flew the route back."

MDT launched several aircraft early this morning hoping good
visibility would reveal the aircraft.

Rogan said the search is being concentrated on the east slope of the
Elkhorn Mountains, in particular, a deep drainage cut by Beaver Creek.

Rogan and Ken Wilhelm, an air mechanic with MDT, flew one of this
morning's missions. Other aircraft from Bozeman joined the hunt.

"You're looking for an airplane that could be in the trees," Wilhelm
said. "It's all snow in here. You've got standing lodgepole trees.
You've got downed trees. You've got short trees. Anything that looks
straight on the ground, you look at it again, and you see two trees
lying at 90 degrees."

The aeronautics division is a busy yet somber place today. Most of the
searchers know Imeson. They notified both Lewis and Clark and
Broadwater county sheriff offices of the pilot's disappearance.

MacPherson said Imeson had not filed a flight plan before leaving
Bozeman on Tuesday afternoon. Montana pilots only need to do so if
traveling more than 250 nautical miles.

But radar suggests that Imeson was flying a direct route between
Bozeman and Helena, one that would have taken him over the Horseshoe
Hills near the south end of the Big Belt Mountains.
Old March 19th 09, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Allen[_1_]

wrote in message

This guy wrote the book on mountian flying...

Force joins search for missing Helena airplane and pilot
BY MARTIN J. KIDSTON
Independent Record

MacPherson said Imeson had not filed a flight plan before leaving
Bozeman on Tuesday afternoon. Montana pilots only need to do so if
traveling more than 250 nautical miles.

Can someone verify that this is true? Where is Newps when you need him?

Thanks,

--

*H. Allen Smith*
WACO - We are all here, because we are not all there.

Old March 19th 09, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article ,
"Allen" wrote:

wrote in message

This guy wrote the book on mountian flying...

Force joins search for missing Helena airplane and pilot
BY MARTIN J. KIDSTON
Independent Record

MacPherson said Imeson had not filed a flight plan before leaving
Bozeman on Tuesday afternoon. Montana pilots only need to do so if
traveling more than 250 nautical miles.

Can someone verify that this is true? Where is Newps when you need him?

Thanks,

Since when are VFR flight plans required for ANY trip length. The
reporter is (as usually they are) confused.

Old March 19th 09, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Allen[_1_]

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Allen" wrote:

wrote in message

This guy wrote the book on mountian flying...

Force joins search for missing Helena airplane and pilot
BY MARTIN J. KIDSTON
Independent Record

MacPherson said Imeson had not filed a flight plan before leaving
Bozeman on Tuesday afternoon. Montana pilots only need to do so if
traveling more than 250 nautical miles.

Can someone verify that this is true? Where is Newps when you need him?

Thanks,

Since when are VFR flight plans required for ANY trip length. The
reporter is (as usually they are) confused.

Thanks, I thought I had blinked and we were now doing some type of Canadian
rules.