Final Florida Sailpane Grand Prix to be held this Feb 14-16, 2014!

Old February 7th 14, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Default Final Florida Sailpane Grand Prix to be held this Feb 14-16, 2014!

EVENT WEBSITE: https://sites.google.com/site/sgpflusa/

The final event in the Florida Sailplane Grand Prix series is only one week away! This is going to be, by far, the largest event with numerous pilots pre-positioned at Seminole for the winter season. The previous 4 events have been a blast, although the weather has been a little challenging.

Long range forecasts for Orlando is looking very promising. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

If interested in attending this non-sanctioned fun event, please contact CD Andy McQuigg (ash99eATyahoo.com) and give us a heads up. We still have space but it is also possible that we could max out the 3 classes at 24 total glider next week. First come, first serve...

I will have my Delorme InReach running for the event. Delorme provides viewers with 1 minute updates, altitude, groundspeed, etc. You can link to my tracker he

https://share.delorme.com/SeanFidler

See you there!

Sean
F2/7T
Old February 7th 14, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

If interested in attending this non-sanctioned fun event, ...

We did put grand prix starts in the rules just for you guys, so such events can be sanctioned.

"Sanctioned" and "fun" are not mutually exclusive...

John Cochrane
Old February 7th 14, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

John,

Good point! I should have said "fun event without the potential of SSA pilot ranking points..." To be clear, I personally I think contest soaring is most fun when SSA pilot ranking points are "up for grabs." The RC has allowed Grand Prix starts in sanctioned contests for 2014 and I think that is great. That said I hope next year the Florida Sailplane Grand Prix event is a SSA sanctioned event. I am pretty sure that it will be.

I also hope that other regional contests (hello CM's and CD's), give regatta starts (with assigned tasks of course) a try this year. Even though the Florida Sailplane Grand Prix Series has not yet experienced booming conditions, the sensation of truly racing with your fellow competitors is absolutely exhilarating. I find it to be a completely different level of excitement than traditional starts and AAT flying for sure. Once we get the right flying conditions, I cannot imagine the fun that will be had based on what I have seen so far in fairly weak conditions.

Obviously Grand Prix format is not for everyone, (class size needs to be smaller, ect) but if the opportunity to give it a go presents itself at your contest, Grand Prix is incredibly fun flying! Don'd be afraid of trying something new. Grand Prix is PURE RACING! Give it a try...

Sean
Old February 9th 14, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...A#.UvfGoMi9LCQ

Seminole forecast is looking pretty good...
Old February 10th 14, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USFL0372

Looking fabulous for next weekend at Seminole now...
Old February 10th 14, 01:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USFL0372

Now showing partly cloudy all 3 days this coming weekend...
Old February 11th 14, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Updated weather: http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USFL0372
Old February 11th 14, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

This weekends forecast just keeps getting better and better....I'm bringing extra video camera's!!!

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/34711

Old February 12th 14, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Weather continues to look outstanding for this weekends Florida Sailplane Grand Prix!

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...A#.UvubZEJdVo0

Old February 13th 14, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Blip for tomorrow at Seminole Lake, FL

https://plus.google.com/u/0/app/basi...sparm=tab%3DwX