Glider Crash Argentina

Old February 22nd 14, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Default Glider Crash Argentina

Not sure if this has been mentioned here. Looks like a landing or out-landing phase.

http://www.eldiariodelapampa.com.ar/...2#.UwjZYEJdVo1

http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=163779
Old February 23rd 14, 02:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
flgliderpilot[_2_]

On Saturday, February 22, 2014 12:09:56 PM UTC-5, Sean F (F2) wrote:
Not sure if this has been mentioned here. Looks like a landing or out-landing phase.

http://www.eldiariodelapampa.com.ar/...2#.UwjZYEJdVo1

http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=163779

Could someone translate? So confused, glider sitting there pretty, obviously hard landing, but pilot did not survive?
Old February 23rd 14, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

if you use google chrome, it will automatically give you an option to translate to english... ill cut and paste the translation here in a minute.
Old February 23rd 14, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Article translation, not great but you'll get the idea:

The aircraft crashed to the ground around 17:50 hours on Sunday in a field located at the edge of the continued Palacios Avenue, about 3 miles west of the clubhouse local Gliders. Andrea is Heck, 27, of the town of Winifreda.

A female pilot dies after crashing in her glider

A young 27-year-old, identified as Andrea Heck and native of the town of Winifreda , was killed Sunday afternoon when she fell his glider in a field near Santa Rosa, about 3 kilometers west of the Club Gliders.

The tragic accident occurred around 17:30 hours . A group of friends who was at the club saw rushed to ground the aircraft. So warned the police emergency and just a few minutes after the accident they attended the medical and law enforcement personnel place to provide the first asitencias.

Two young people who rent a field nearby told El Diario who viewed spend 'too low' glider 'always see them around here, so we drew attention to be so low ... comes at a time when South to north, passing wires and returns again to the south but increasingly low, too low .... then we realized that something was wrong ', reported in the scene.

They added: 'when we peeked above the street canyon, we see that another neighbor starts running towards the place ... and inudablemente an accident had occurred. "

However, she was already dead. "It was a blow too" , said one of the paramedics of the two ambulances arrived at the scene of the accident.

Two young people who rent a field nearby told El Diario who viewed spend 'too low' glider 'always see them around here, so we drew attention to be so low ... comes at a time when South to north, passing wires and returns again to the south but increasingly low, too low .... then we realized that something was wrong ', reported in the scene.

They added: 'when we peeked above the street canyon, we see that another neighbor starts running towards the place ... and inudablemente an accident had occurred. "

At first, according to data provided by the provincial police, assists a police car had been frustrated because the aircraft was at an unreachable sector that out. Recent rains left impassable by the local road that had gotten.
Old February 23rd 14, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Not so pretty. It looks like the cockpit has sheared off from the fuselage right at the front of the wing. That may well be what it looks like after a stall or spin with very nose-down arrival, which would make sense of a crash in a huge field 3 km from the club. How awful.

John Cochrane
Old February 23rd 14, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I used google translate which is not terribly effective. It read like
setting up for an out landing. There was mention of what sounded like
several passes over the field getting lower and lower. Not a happy event.
Here's the (google) translation:

The aircraft crashed to the ground around 17:50 hours on Sunday in a field
located at the edge of the continued Palacios Avenue, about 3 miles west of
the clubhouse local Gliders. Andrea is Heck, 27, of the town of Winifreda.

A young 27-year-old, identified as Andrea Heck and native of the town of
Winifreda , was killed Sunday afternoon when he fell his glider in a field
near Santa Rosa, about 3 kilometers west of the Club Gliders.

The tragic accident occurred around 17:30 hours . A group of friends who was
at the club saw rushed to ground the aircraft. So warned the police
emergency and just a few minutes after the accident they attended the
medical and law enforcement personnel place to provide the first asitencias.

However, she was already dead. "It was a blow too" , said one of the
paramedics of the two ambulances arrived at the scene of the accident.

andreapicoThe young driver, in a photo from Facebook, after climbing Mount
Lanin .

Two young people who rent a field nearby told El Diario who viewed spend
'too low' glider 'always see them around here, so we drew attention to be so
low ... comes at a time when South to north, passing wires and returns again
to the south but increasingly low, too low .... then we realized that
something was wrong ', reported in the scene.

They added: 'when we peeked above the street canyon, we see that another
neighbor starts running towards the place ... and inudablemente an accident
had occurred. "

Fall-of-glider-field-Sanchez-38

At first, according to data provided by the provincial police, assists a
police car had been frustrated because the aircraft was at an unreachable
sector that out. Recent rains left impassable by the local road that had
gotten.

Therefore requested the presence of a grade out more to arrive to the place
by an alternative path with a motorcycle police.

andreapilotoYoung Andrea Heck, a glider up in another photo of Facebook .

Shock

Young, BA in Chemistry, resided for some time in the Pampa Capital ago. It
was also ultralight pilot with several years of experience.

In the place time of great upheaval and grief samples of several friends
lived, and mostly her boyfriend who came to the accident scene piloting an
ultralight .

'I can not believe, crazy, can not believe it ... a whole life ahead and
look what comes to pass' , repeated several times and crying girl screams.

Fall-of-glider-field-Sanchez-17

The body of the young remained for more than two hours at the crash site,
where several members arrived Gliding Club. Some officials told this
newspaper that the causes were unaware of the incident, but that it would
"be determined when the relevant skills done" .

Old February 27th 14, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrew Brayer

On Saturday, February 22, 2014 12:09:56 PM UTC-5, Sean F (F2) wrote:
Not sure if this has been mentioned here. Looks like a landing or out-landing phase.

http://www.eldiariodelapampa.com.ar/...2#.UwjZYEJdVo1

http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=163779

can't you for one second post something positive? not everyone wants to see pictures of, and read about some poor guy whose just had a traumatizing experience doing something he loves.
Old February 27th 14, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrew Brayer

On Saturday, February 22, 2014 12:09:56 PM UTC-5, Sean F (F2) wrote:
Not sure if this has been mentioned here. Looks like a landing or out-landing phase.

http://www.eldiariodelapampa.com.ar/...2#.UwjZYEJdVo1

http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=163779

a young girl is dead for christ's sake. keep those articles for yourself. i know i don't have to read the post, but who WOULD want to click it and look at pictures of a crashed glider with a blanket draped over the tragedy in the cockpit.
Old February 27th 14, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Andy,

Are you claiming that this thread is the first to bring a glider accident to the attention of the glider community on RAS? Really? Really....?

As tragic as all fatal or serious accidents are, this one has now happened. I understand the media reporting can be very hard to read or hear. But lets be grown up's. I have experienced a fatal accident up close myself. As painful as it is, with each accident we have an opportunity to: A) learn from it and try to understand what happened so we do not make the same mistake or B) we can ignore it and pretend it did not happen.

Just learning that an accident has happened in this community is difficult. Most accidents go unknown to the majority of the glider community. Accidents are quickly brushed under the rug. To be honest the only way I have ever learned of other accidents is from fellow pilots on RAS. I am thankful when a fellow pilot brings an accident to my attention. I think bringing accidents to the attention of the glider community is a service. We should not be afraid of doing so or fear being attacked for doing so. Learning about and understanding the likely cause of each accident gives each of us an opportunity to re-factor our own decision making. Responsible pilots should invest the time to study all accidents, don't you think?

So, which path do you suggest moving forward? Hide accidents from the community or openly discuss? If you suggest hiding, you might want to do some research on RAS and talk to the numerous other pilots who have posted news of other accidents. Or are you just trying to single me out? We can have that conversation too if you wish.

Sean

Old February 27th 14, 10:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The glider (a Jantar Std. 2)spun in from low altitude when turning to land in a field. The pilotīs neck snapped during impact and she died on the spot.
She was on a tight final glide flying together with another glider with a highly experienced pilot and a few km from the field they decided to do a 180 to face the wind and land in a field. The other glider landed normally and when the pilot opened his canopy to look back and watch her landing she had already crashed.
I donīt have more details at the moment but Iīm sure the logs and other information will be made available.
The entire Argentine gliding community was saddened by the loss of this enthusiastic and promising young pilot. She held a national altitude record and had recently completed her first 500 km task.
Regards,
Juan Carlos