A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

spot

Old June 2nd 14, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default spot

After I hit tracks (foot mark) my spot just flashes red, with no tracks being sent. Fresh batteries, clear view of the sky, turning it on and off again make no difference. Has anyone experienced this? Any way to wake it up, or is it busted and just get a new one?
Thanks
John Cochrane
Old June 2nd 14, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default spot

On Monday, June 2, 2014 4:20:30 PM UTC-4, wrote:
After I hit tracks (foot mark) my spot just flashes red, with no tracks being sent. Fresh batteries, clear view of the sky, turning it on and off again make no difference. Has anyone experienced this? Any way to wake it up, or is it busted and just get a new one?

Thanks

John Cochrane

I had that happen to mine. Called them and was told that "it's busted and just get a new one." Actually they said that since it is out of warranty, I might want to consider replacing it with another one.

However, YMMV
Old June 2nd 14, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default spot

On Monday, June 2, 2014 1:20:30 PM UTC-7, wrote:

Thanks

John Cochrane

Hi John,

I just deactivated my SPOT account on an original SPOT 1. The device works fine and is available if you need one. Just replaced it with a Delorme InReach SE, which worked great last weekend.

Walt Rogers WX

Old June 3rd 14, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default spot

On Monday, June 2, 2014 4:20:30 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Thanks

John Cochrane

John

I just went through the same issue with my SPOT 2 about a month ago. Tech service said it sounded like the GPS engine was toast and set me up with a new one at a reduced price (since it was out of warranty.) Activation of the new device went smoothly and they honored the remaining 5ish months remaining on my account.

Danny Brotto