Flying IS popular

Old February 16th 04, 06:57 PM
Jay Honeck

I have a C206... no problem ther!

Pencil us in for 2/14/05! :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Old February 16th 04, 07:53 PM
hlongworth

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:oKOXb.188043$U%5.932639@attbi_s03...
Don't count G.A. out just yet.

As part of our "Ultimate Valentine's Day" package, we included a 30 minute
sunset airplane ride over the city. Somewhat to my surprise, it proved to
be quite popular.

Jay,
We also went flying to celebrate Valentine's day. It was my first
flight as PIC after 4 long non-flying months (plane was in the shop
for new engine + waiting for various parts!). It was fantastic. My
anxiety immediately went away after the first smooth landing. The next
two (one at a very narrow and tricky airport with lots of
updraft/downdraft) were also greasers. Just being together hovering
above the earth was romantic enough for us. No need for chocolates,
roses or fancy dinner. Wish that we had discovered flying years ago
but better late than never.
Old February 16th 04, 08:18 PM
Jay Honeck

Just being together hovering
above the earth was romantic enough for us. No need for chocolates,
roses or fancy dinner. Wish that we had discovered flying years ago
but better late than never.

That's cool. Congrats on getting the plane back! :-)

Mary and I were a bit busy on the 14th, with an inn full of romantics, but
yesterday we were able to fly to WI. We were returning Mary's mom and aunt
(who had spent a week with us, watching the kids and letting us get away for
a couple of days of R&R to the Lake of the Ozarks) to their home in Racine,
and the weather was absolutely perfect. Crisp, clear, light winds -- a
terrific day for a nice long cross-country.

There's just nothing else like flight!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 17th 04, 01:39 AM
Mike O'Malley

"Roy Epperson" wrote in message
ink.net...
I'm very disappointed that you only flew to 2,000' and not 5,280' !!!

On second thought you probably avoid some embarrassment....

Remember, as per milehighclub.com rules, it only counts if it's 5280' AGL,
not MSL (then just about everybody in Denver could claim membership!) So in
IOW, by my math that would be /roughly/ 5948' ;-)

Old February 17th 04, 07:22 AM
Jack Allison

Heck, forget the people in the picture. Jay, you let them take a ride in a
manly high wing? Oh the horror...

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old February 17th 04, 07:26 AM
Jack Allison

Jay has a big Piper.

Bad combination of words, especially when Jay is the subject. :-)

Old February 17th 04, 12:47 PM
Jay Honeck

Bad combination of words, especially when Jay is the subject. :-)

Well, I, uh...aw shucks...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 17th 04, 12:48 PM
Jay Honeck

Jay, you let them take a ride in a
manly high wing? Oh the horror...

Remember, this was a girly romantic flight.

It seemed only fitting...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 18th 04, 03:58 PM
hlongworth

"Paul Sengupta" wrote in message . ..
Did you take your other half or was the "we" referring to you and
the plane?

Paul,
It's a "menage a trois" here ;-) Hubby and I have to take turn
flying our bird. Rick has to enforce a strict "hands off - except
when permitted" rule when I am not the PIC.