IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

Old July 3rd 16, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

On Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 10:44:11 AM UTC-4, Pat McCartan wrote:
Our club owns an I.C.A.-BRASOV IS-28B2 Twin Lark which is grounded because it has exceeded its 35 year factory maintenance program service life. About a year ago the current type certificate holder, S.C. Constructii Aeronautice S.A., announced it intended to submit a Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) to EASA - with follow-on submission to the FAA. We are no longer able to reach S.C. Constructii Aeronautice S.A. by phone - and they do not respond to emails. Can anyone shed any light on the status of the SLEP or offer any contact information for S.C. Constructii Aeronautice S.A.? We enjoy this ship and would like to return it to service.

As I understand it is an STC and costs 530 euros every 2 years, i was interested in a I.C.A.-BRASOV IS-28B2 Twin Lark but not after getting a copy, heck they can and likely will change the price every year or 2, not something i want to buy into. Some have been flying the whole time in the experimental category. With an inexpensive exemption from the EAA you can give flight instruction and be fine in a club setting. We have an experimental glider in our fleet. You can give flight instruction and rent an experimental with the EAA exemption. here is a link to explain. http://www.avweb.com/news/homeblts/182021-1.html
Old December 11th 16, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 9:44:11 AM UTC-5, Pat McCartan wrote:
Our club owns an I.C.A.-BRASOV IS-28B2 Twin Lark which is grounded because it has exceeded its 35 year factory maintenance program service life. About a year ago the current type certificate holder, S.C. Constructii Aeronautice S.A., announced it intended to submit a Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) to EASA - with follow-on submission to the FAA. We are no longer able to reach S.C. Constructii Aeronautice S.A. by phone - and they do not respond to emails. Can anyone shed any light on the status of the SLEP or offer any contact information for S.C. Constructii Aeronautice S.A.? We enjoy this ship and would like to return it to service.

There has been some movement from EASA recently of news of a new owner of the Type Certifcate for IS-29D(2)/IS28(B2)(M) gliders. As of October 2016 the new holder of the Type Certificate Type certificate # EASA A.453) is the Aeroclub Romania. I have a copy of this new Type Cert if anyone wishes to have it sent please let me know your email and I will forward it along.

From what I have gathered this new TC along with the latest reference in the Aircraft Maintenance Manual will delete the reference to any life limit in terms of calendar years providing certain inspections are complied with.
Old December 12th 16, 12:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kurt[_3_]

We would like a copy if possible..

Thanks

Kurt
Old January 26th 17, 10:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Does anyone have an elevator for sale off a Twin Lark (IS-28B2)? If so please email me at
Old April 16th 17, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

Does Special Airworthiness Information Bulletin HQ-16-14 (March, 2016) resolve this life limit issue? Was the life limit in the original type certificate or was it added later?

Paul Agnew
Treasure Coast Soaring Club
Old April 16th 17, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 2:00:18 PM UTC-4, Paul Agnew wrote:
Does Special Airworthiness Information Bulletin HQ-16-14 (March, 2016) resolve this life limit issue? Was the life limit in the original type certificate or was it added later?

Paul Agnew
Treasure Coast Soaring Club

Paul, et al,
You might try speaking with Brian Collins of Eastern Soaring Center, https://www.easternsoaringcenter.com/
based at W99, Petersburg, WV. He runs a winch operation there and trains using a Twin Lark. A group of us were there a few weeks ago working on our winch endorsements, so I know his ship is active and airworthy.

Evan Dosik
Skyline Soaring

Old April 18th 17, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Paul, the answer is yes, it does, so long as your Twin Lark (serial number) was sold to you with an original (or subsequent) POH that has no lifetime limitation. Speak to your local FSDO if you want independent confirmation.

Sandhill Soaring Club has a Twin Lark for sale, which does not have a lifetime limitation. The aircraft was flying and them mothballed. We learned of the bulletin less than 6 months ago and did our homework on the matter. If you're interested in buying a ship that can be easily returned to service, please email me directly. Thanks.

Chris Schrader, Treasurer
Sandhill Soaring Club, Inc.
Old April 18th 17, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Twin Lark for Sale! It was mothballed several years ago and stored in our hangar. It can easily be brought back into service. Original POH. No mention of a Lifetime Limitation in the POH. Will be sold "as is." Our club is consolidating its fleet and is a motivated seller. Please email me directly.

Chris Schrader, Treasurer
Sandhill Soaring Club, Inc.
Old April 5th 18, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Old April 5th 18, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, April 19, 2012 at 10:44:11 AM UTC-4, Pat McCartan wrote:
Our club owns an I.C.A.-BRASOV IS-28B2 Twin Lark which is grounded because it has exceeded its 35 year factory maintenance program service life. About a year ago the current type certificate holder, S.C. Constructii Aeronautice S.A., announced it intended to submit a Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) to EASA - with follow-on submission to the FAA. We are no longer able to reach S.C. Constructii Aeronautice S.A. by phone - and they do not respond to emails. Can anyone shed any light on the status of the SLEP or offer any contact information for S.C. Constructii Aeronautice S.A.? We enjoy this ship and would like to return it to service.

IAR IS-28B2 Twin Lark Manuals Needed Markus Graeber Soaring 3 July 8th 12 10:54 AM
Lark life extension lanebush Soaring 7 March 17th 10 03:50 AM
Grob 103 Twin II Life Extension Mike McCarron[_2_] Soaring 2 May 18th 09 01:15 PM
Grob 103 Twin II Life Extension Mike McCarron[_2_] Soaring 2 May 18th 09 02:49 AM
IS-28B2 Twin Lark status Greg Arnold[_2_] Soaring 4 June 17th 08 03:34 PM