Excel IGC logging spreadsheet

Old February 3rd 14, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Excel IGC logging spreadsheet

Had too much free time and I was bored out of my skull, so when pair-flying partner John Mittel (BZ) commented that he was having trouble finding a decent glider logging program that would process IGC files, I decided to give it a whirl.

Thirteen revs and a broken friendship later (just kidding about the friendship!), I think I might have a usable program. If you are interested, see the Soaring Cafe article about it at

http://soaringcafe.com/2014/02/excel...t-for-gliders/

TA
Old February 3rd 14, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, February 2, 2014 6:54:31 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Had too much free time and I was bored out of my skull, so when pair-flying partner John Mittel (BZ) commented that he was having trouble finding a decent glider logging program that would process IGC files, I decided to give it a whirl.

Thirteen revs and a broken friendship later (just kidding about the friendship!), I think I might have a usable program. If you are interested, see the Soaring Cafe article about it at

http://soaringcafe.com/2014/02/excel...t-for-gliders/

TA

Cool - I spend way too much time pulling data out by hand using SeeYou.

9B
Old February 3rd 14, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Frank, I get an error message when I clicked on download.

BV

Old February 3rd 14, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, February 3, 2014 1:24:03 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Hi Frank, I get an error message when I clicked on download.

BV

Me too
Old February 4th 14, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Very nice, Frank. And it downloaded fine for me.
By the way, the file works with Excel 2000 (possibly by using the Office 07 File Format Converters).
Jim
Old February 5th 14, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

All,

Version 1.14 is now available on my Google Drive site

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwI...it?usp=sharing

This version accommodates flight recorders such as the SYMobile Android app for smartphones that use GPS altitude instead of pressure. Thanks to Robert Sigler for bringing this to my attention.

At the moment, Robert's SYMobile FR type is the only non-pressure altitude type allowed, as I don't have the type strings for any others. If you have a mobile-phone type of recorder and want it to be recognized, send me the HFFTYFRTYPE string from your IGC file (viewable with any text reader). For example, the one from Robert's IGC files is:

HFFTYFRTYPE:SeeYou Recorder for Android

TA
Old February 6th 14, 06:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Bick (1DB)

On Sunday, February 2, 2014 6:54:31 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Had too much free time and I was bored out of my skull, so when pair-flying partner John Mittel (BZ) commented that he was having trouble finding a decent glider logging program that would process IGC files, I decided to give it a whirl.

Thirteen revs and a broken friendship later (just kidding about the friendship!), I think I might have a usable program. If you are interested, see the Soaring Cafe article about it at

http://soaringcafe.com/2014/02/excel...t-for-gliders/

TA

Great. Thanks. I'll have to use this rather than the manual extraction one I came up with for myself.
Eric Bick
Old February 8th 14, 05:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 10:22:21 AM UTC-5, wrote:
All,

Version 1.14 is now available on my Google Drive site

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwI...it?usp=sharing

This version accommodates flight recorders such as the SYMobile Android app for smartphones that use GPS altitude instead of pressure. Thanks to Robert Sigler for bringing this to my attention.

At the moment, Robert's SYMobile FR type is the only non-pressure altitude type allowed, as I don't have the type strings for any others. If you have a mobile-phone type of recorder and want it to be recognized, send me the HFFTYFRTYPE string from your IGC file (viewable with any text reader). For example, the one from Robert's IGC files is:

HFFTYFRTYPE:SeeYou Recorder for Android

TA

All,

Version 1.16 is now available on my drive site, at

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwI...it?usp=sharing

This version ignores B records with invalid fixes (thanks to Wojciech Scigala for this suggestion!), and opens up the duration 'dupe detection' window (was at 0.001hr, now is at 0.01hr). Also added "LK8000 PNA GENERIC" to the list of GPS-altitude only FR's.

I did get a note from one pilot who wasn't able to use it because the 'Enum' data type wasn't supported by his version of Excel (I think it was an early Excel for Macintosh). Sorry about that, but I really wan to keep the 'Enum' functionality :-(. I know it works on all MS Windows versions of Excel all the way back to 2000.

Frank (TA)