FS: Aerox Regulator, Cannula and Mask

Old April 6th 16, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default FS: Aerox Regulator, Cannula and Mask

public service announcement... this:

http://www.chiefaircraft.com/ao-4110-621.html

so far, appears less likely to fall apart in normal use vs the right angle flow controls

http://wingsandwheels.com/oxygen-equ...flowmeter.html

still being sold at popular soaring supply houses. The right angle jobs seem to last about three wave camps. Mine broke on the ground, others have been less fortunate. The plastic flowmeter housing generally breaks just above the needle valve.

best,
Evan Ludeman / T8

The straight one you are showing appears to be the newer model from Aerox. If so, it is the one that they tested to -50 degrees and is made of a much better material than the second one you showed.

When I had mine broke in half changing over to a mask at 23,000 ft, I was in a world of hurt. I got down ok, and there is a little story to that, but not for now.

I talked to Aerox and told them they about killed me with their cheap product that was supposed to be aviation grade. They responded telling me that the clear one is fine for WARM conditions in a cockpit, but their new thicker one was tested to -50, and a heavier material that would hold up fine in wave conditions.

IF YOU HAVE THE OLD CLEAR ONE, THROW IT AWAY, AND GET THE NEW ONE FROM THE DIFFERENT MATERIAL. Or better yet put in in your freezer, then pull it out and snap it like a twig so you will never be tempted to use it again.

GET THE NEW ONE THAT IS BETTER MATERIAL, LIKE THE FIRST PHOTO.

I was 10 minutes away from an eastern Lennie in my 1-26. Glad I was not higher when it failed.

Kevin Anderson
92

Old April 7th 16, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 10:08:46 AM UTC-4, wrote:
[...]

It's unfortunate that the Aerox flow meters are now limited to 25K, as they used to have a scale to 30K. The flow meter that Dan advocated appears to be a better choice if planning on exceeding 25K.
Old April 7th 16, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

I have two flow meters that are scaled to 30,000, if anyone wants them contact me off line on the reply privately button.
Old April 8th 16, 07:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Surge

On Thursday, 7 April 2016 17:15:05 UTC+2, Dan Marotta wrote:
Be sure to use a mask above 18,000'.

And have a plan B if you fly really high.
O2 systems are not infallible so a small handheld emergency backup O2 supply like the Mountain High Co-Pilot Portable is probably a good idea unless your glider is capable of descending at 20,000 feet per minute (200 knots vertical dive).
Time of useful consciousness at 30,000 feet could be as little as 1 minute.

Aerox DD02-01 Oxygen System and Regulator for Sale. Brian[_1_] Soaring 2 April 1st 15 05:32 AM
Aerox O2 regulator for sale Kurt[_3_] Soaring 0 August 8th 09 04:04 PM
Aerox O2 regulator for sale [email protected] Soaring 0 December 27th 08 07:51 PM
Cannula vs Mask (FAR) Stefan Piloting 9 October 31st 07 12:06 PM
Oxygen mask and regulator sale - update nzuri Soaring 0 October 1st 03 09:31 AM